All four carriers have the BlackBerry but there are three exclusives out there. Well, two, with another on the way.
AT&T has the Torch 9800, the most recent from RIM, a slider phone with a large touch screen. Its price has been cut to just $99.99 and occasionally $49.99 in an effort to goose sales.
Verizon has had the BlackBerry Storm 2, RIM's rather limp attempt to respond to the iPhone. The phone was a flop but the successor, Storm 3, is coming later this year and could make up for the previous versions.
T-Mobile has an exclusive on the forthcoming BlackBerry Bold 9900, which was announced in May at BlackBerry World. This will be one of the few phones to run BlackBerry OS 7 and will be much faster than prior generations of phones. No word on who will get the 9930, the other new Bold.
It's more like a four-way tie for last. AT&T has the nicest BlackBerry currently on the market, but Verizon and T-Mobile will gain that advantage later this year.
- Reading The Fine Print: As of June 2011
- T-Mobile Update
- Unique Carrier Features You May Not Know About
- Best data plan (individual user): AT&T
- Best rollover plan: AT&T
- Most comprehensive 4G availability (so far) - Intro
- Most comprehensive 4G availability - Verizon
- Most generous minute usage plan – T-Mobile
- Best individual plan (power user) – T-Mobile
- Best family plan (economical) – T-Mobile
- Best family plan (power users) - Sprint
- Best small business plan - Verizon
- Best Web-only offers - Verizon
- Best offerings for the disabled - Sprint
- Best international calling plan – Too close to call
- Best connectivity overseas - Sprint
- Best phone selection-overall – AT&T
- Best network reputation - Verizon
- Best non-phone selection - Verizon
- Best hardware selection under $100 – AT&T
- Best hardware selection over $100 - Verizon
- Most exclusive handsets – AT&T & Verizon
- If you must have… an iPhone – AT&T
- If you must have… an Android - Verizon
- If you must have… a BlackBerry – AT&T
- If you must have… a Windows Phone – T-Mobile
- If you must have… a 4G phone - Sprint
- Most generous trade-in program – T-Mobile
- Most change-friendly (Who makes it easy to switch phones) - Sprint
- Best plans, no-contract – Part 1
- Best plans, no-contract – part 2 – Net10
- Cheapest early termination fee - Sprint