The best backpacks for college are light enough to carry all day, yet big enough to stash everything from your laptop to gym clothes.
Unlike children's backpacks, the best backpacks for college are made of sturdy material for durability. They should also have laptop sleeves to keep your notebook or tablet protected. Some of the best backpacks may even include multiple compartments designed specifically for certain devices.
Below we've rounded up the best deals on all college backpacks. From designer brands to off-brand, there's a backpack deal for just about every budget.
For more ways to save on your back-to-school purchases, make sure to read our guides to the week's best Walmart promo codes, Amazon promo codes, and Wayfair coupons.
Best backpacks for college — Quick links
- Adidas: backpacks on sale from $13 (opens in new tab)
- Amazon: backpacks on sale from $21 (opens in new tab)
- Backcountry: up to 64% off The North Face, Burton, and more (opens in new tab)
- Best Buy: cases, backpacks, and sleeves from $11 (opens in new tab)
- eBags: Up to 30% with no code required (opens in new tab)
- Kohl's: backpacks on sale from $13 (opens in new tab)and our Kohl's promo codes
- Macy's: 20% off select backpacks/bags (opens in new tab)and our Macy's coupons
- Nike: up to 36% off bags, duffel bags, and fanny packs (opens in new tab)
- REI: up to 50% off laptop backpacks (opens in new tab)
- Target: shop all backpacks under $10 (opens in new tab)
- Timbuk2: up to 50% off deals from $29 (opens in new tab)
- Walmart: Swiss Tech, Eastsport, Under Armour from $10 (opens in new tab)
- Zappos: up to 30% off select backpacks (opens in new tab)
Best backpack deals
Trail Maker Backpack: was $19 now $9 @ Amazon (opens in new tab)
Need a backpack for college, but don't want to invest too much? The Trail Maker Backpack is just what you're looking for. Priced at $10, it's inexpensive yet features everything you could want in a budget backpack like a roomy main compartment, double zippers, and an outer front pocket.
Nike Youth Gymsack: was $23 now $18 @ Amazon (opens in new tab)
Small and light, the Nike Gymsack is ideal for those times you need to carry clothes or wide objects. There are no special compartments or zippers. Instead, the backpack features a drawcord for easy access to your items.
Adidas Excel 6 Backpack: was $55 now $37 @ Amazon (opens in new tab)
This Adidas Excel 6 is a simple but very stylish backpack. It offers four outside zippered pockets, and dual water holders on either side. Plus, there are internal organization slots and a 16" padded computer sleeve for storing your tech devices.
$50 to $100
Adidas Utility Team Backpack: was $65 now $54 @ Amazon (opens in new tab)
From game day to the classroom, the adidas Utility Team Backpack is perfect for students who practice sports. The large backpack provides tons of space for books, clothes, and more.
Amazon Basics Backpack: $52 @ Amazon (opens in new tab)
The Amazon Basics Backpack is made of durable polyester and features an internal, zippered laptop sleeve. It also had padded shoulder straps, waist belt, and easy to access front/top pockets. It's one of the best backpacks for college you'll find at this price point.
The North Face Jester Backpack: now $58 @ Amazon (opens in new tab)
The North Face Jester backpack is the ideal campus backpack. It has a 30 liter capacity, a padded 15-inch laptop sleeve, and a front organization pocket with mesh water bottle holders.
Pro Slim Laptop Backpack: was $119 now $83 @ eBags (opens in new tab)
For a limited time, eBags is taking a whopping 50% off the Pro Slim Laptop Backpack. The backpack offers excellent organization with a diagonal stash pocket inside the middle compartment, a padded laptop sleeve that fits up to a 17-inch laptop, and a front organizational panel with internal pockets.