There's an awful lot of mobile tech on discount for Prime Day, and some of that tech is meant for the great outdoors. Garmin enters the fray with their $199 Approach S40 smartwatch, which might be last golf companion you'll ever need.
We've been fans of Garmin devices for years, counting them amongst our top picks for fitness watches. And just like other golf-centric models we've tested, the Garmin Approach S40 gets consistently high consumer reviews. If you've been looking for a stylish smartwatch to improve your long game (and look good doing it), this wearable is worth a look.
- Best Prime Day deals
- Best sports watches in 2020
- Best smartwatches in 2020
- Best fitness trackers in 2020
- Smartwatch buying guide
Garmin Approach S40: was $299 now $199 @ Amazon
The Garmin Approach S40 is a stylish golf watch sporting a brilliant 1.2-inch touchscreen display. It comes preloaded with more than 41,000 courses from around the world, and can track everyday fitness activities on the fly. At the moment, you can snag this wearable on Amazon for $199, which is 33% off the original price.
The best sports watches are a worthwhile investment if you're serious about outdoor activities like running, hiking, and rock climbing. That goes for golfing, too.
While many of the best fitness trackers and best smartwatches incorporate location-tracking on the device itself to accurately log outdoor workouts, dedicated GPS watches such as the Garmin Approach S40 provide much more data about what you're doing, and last much longer on a charge. Plus, at $199 (down from $299), this is a solid deal.
The 1.2-inch color touchscreen display is sunlight-readable for those brighter days, and AutoShot detection measures detected shot distances. (Putts are not tracked, unfortunately.)
There's a lot to like about this product line, by the way. The more expensive Garmin Approach S62, for example, offers a sharper appearance, larger screen and lengthier battery life than its Garmin Approach S60 predecessor. Plus it supports a Virtual Caddie feature, which offers club suggestions and other shot tips based on your past rounds. Though it’s not guaranteed to improve your golf game, the insight provided by Virtual Caddie doesn’t feel gimmicky, and might benefit you if you tend to experiment with your club choices.
Looking for all things Garmin? Check out our full smartwatch reviews below.
Garmin wearable reviews
- Garmin Approach S60
- Garmin Approach S62
- Garmin Approach S20
- Garmin Venu
- Garmin Venu Sq
- Garmin Instinct
- Garmin Forerunner 45
- Garmin Forerunner 245 Music
Shop all Prime Day sales at Amazon
- Amazon devices: save on Fire TVs, Alexa speakers, Kindles
- Apple AirPods: was $249 now $199
- Beauty deals: deals from $4 on Revlon, Maybelline, more
- Bedding & bath: deals on comforters, shower curtains, more
- Clothing: save on Calvin Klein, Dickies, Timberland, and more
- Echo Dot: was $49 now $18
- Echo Show 5 w/ Cam: was $124 now $49
- Fitness: save on Gaiam, Bowflex, Nautilus, and more
- Furniture: deals on office chairs, nightstands, and dressers
- Google Pixel 5: was $799 now $449
- Halloween decor: deals on costumes, candy, and decor
- Headphones: deals from $8
- HP ChromeBook 11: was $285 now $255
- TV sales: deals from $79
- Laptops: save on MacBooks, Chromebooks, and Windows machines
- Lego toys: up to 30% off Lego sets
- Mattresses: deals on Casper, Tuft & Needle
- Office chairs: deals from $39
- Pet food/supplies: up to 40% off food and treats
- PS4 2TB Seagate Game Drive: was $110 now $65
- Snacks: up to 35% off Quaker, Starbucks, Lay's, and more
- Snow boots: save on Columbia, Sorel, Uggs, and more
- Sony WHXB900N Headphones: was $246 now $123
- Super Mario Party: was $59 now $39
- Tablets: save on Apple, Samsung, Fire HD, more
- Whole Foods at Amazon: up to 45% off for Prime members
- Winter apparel: coats from $39