Walmart is having a massive PS5 drop as we speak. The retailer also has Xbox Series X consoles in stock. This is the first dual restock we've seen from Walmart in weeks. It comes on the same day (and time) as a Sony Direct PS5 restock.
Walmart currently has standalone stock of all four consoles. (PS5, PS5 Digital, Xbox Series X|S). The landing pages for the consoles are currently live, but they're selling out extremely fast. The PS5 page, for instance, is showing a $1,093 price coming from a third part retailer. It goes without out saying, stay away from these overpriced third party sellers. Walmart tends to refresh their restock every 10 to 15 minutes, so keep checking the product page for the restock.
- shop all PS5 accessories, consoles, and deals at Walmart
- shop all Xbox Series X accessories, consoles, and deals at Walmart
Walmart PS5 restock (sold out)
PS5: $499 @ Walmart
The flagship PS5 console includes a 4K UDH Blu-ray disc drive. As a result, the design is slightly fuller than the all-digital model. It sells for $499 and includes a PS5 DualSense controller.
PS5 Digital Edition: $399 @ Walmart
The PS5 Digital console lacks a 4K UDH Blu-ray disc drive. As a result, it's slightly thinner than its counterpart. It also sells for $399 ($100 less) and includes a PS5 DualSense controller.
Walmart Xbox Series X restock (sold out)
Xbox Series X: $499 @ Walmart
The Xbox Series X is Microsoft's new flagship console. It features 12 teraflops of graphics power, 16GB of RAM, 1TB SSD, and Blu-ray drive. It runs games at 4K resolution and 60 frames per second with a max of 8K at 120 fps. The Editor's Choice console represents the pinnacle of Microsoft's gaming efforts.
Xbox Series S: $299 @ Walmart
The Xbox Series S is a less expensive and less powerful version of the Xbox Series X. The Series S has a GPU with up to 4 teraflops of output, 10GB of RAM, 512 GB SSD storage, and no disc drive. It has a max resolution of 1440p with 120 fps.
Walmart restock event — tips and tricks
The first thing you'll want to do is create a Walmart.com account if you don't already have one. Enter your address and credit card info so that in the event you score a console, you can quickly checkout. You'll also want to know the correct landing pages for the PS5 at Walmart. (You'll find the links above).
Once the consoles are available at Walmart you'll have to act lightning fast to secure a console and purchase it. However, it's worth noting that Walmart tends to release inventory every 10 minutes. So if you don't score a console on your first try, keep trying. The restocks have lasted from 1 hours to as long as 3 hours. So it pays to stick around and keep trying.
Many have reported that adding the PS5 to a shopping list has helped them score a PS5. To do this, sign into your Walmart account and go to the PS5 product page at Walmart. Click the "add to list" icon underneath the console's image. You'll then be prompted to create a name for your wish list.
The next time Walmart has PS5 restock, you should be able to add the console to your cart via your wish list (instead of going to the product page and waiting for it to show up in stock. Again, your mileage may vary with this tactic, but it's worked in the past.
Where to buy PS5 — Quick links
- Walmart: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock June 17)
- Best Buy: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock June 3)
- GameStop: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock May 26)
- Amazon: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock May 26)
- Dell: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock March 31)
- Target: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock June 16)
- Sony: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock June 17)
- Newegg: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock April 29)
- Kohl's: PS5 (last restock April 21)
- Adorama: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition | Bundles
- Costco: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock April 22)
- Antonline: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock June 14)
- Sam's Club: PS5 (last restock May 20)