Update: Today's PS5 drop is now over. Make sure to follow our PS5 restock guide for tips on the next drop. Plus, check out our Black Friday PS5 deals coverage for upcoming sales on accessories and games.
Walmart PS5 restock is back with a slight twist. The retailer has PS5 restock for its Walmart Plus members only. Membership costs $98 per year, although there's also a $12.95/month option. Members will also get early access to Walmart Black Friday deals, which begin next week.
It's worth remembering that Walmart releases stock every 10 to 15 minutes throughout the hour. So if it shows up as sold out after a few seconds, refresh the page and check again as the restock will likely last throughout the hour. Walmart may require you to "press and hold" a buy button to ensure you're not a bot trying to buy up consoles.
Walmart PS5 restock (sold out)
PS5: $499 @ Walmart
The flagship PS5 console includes a 4K UDH Blu-ray disc drive. As a result, the design is slightly fuller than the all-digital model. It sells for $499 and includes a PS5 DualSense controller.
Walmart Plus: 15-day free trial @ Walmart
Walmart Plus is a subscription service from Walmart. Priced at $98 per year, it includes perks like unlimited free delivery on more than 160,000 items as well as fuel discounts at more than 2,000 Walmart and Murphy USA fuel stations. Shoppers can also opt for a $12.95/month option. Walmart Plus comes with a free 15-day trial.
Walmart restock event — tips and tricks
The first thing you'll want to do is create a Walmart.com account if you don't already have one. Enter your address and credit card info so that in the event you score a console, you can quickly checkout. You'll also want to know the correct landing pages for the PS5 at Walmart. (You'll find the links above).
Once the consoles are available at Walmart you'll have to act lightning fast to secure a console and purchase it. However, it's worth noting that Walmart tends to release inventory every 10 to 15 minutes. So if you don't score a console on your first try, keep trying. Generally speaking, Walmart restocks have lasted from 1 hour to as long as 3 hours. So it pays to stick around and keep trying.
Many have reported that adding the PS5 to a shopping list has helped them score a PS5. To do this, sign into your Walmart account and go to the PS5 product page at Walmart. Click the "add to list" icon underneath the console's image. You'll then be prompted to create a name for your wish list.
The next time Walmart has PS5 restock, you should be able to add the console to your cart via your wish list (instead of going to the product page and waiting for it to show up in stock. Again, your mileage may vary with this tactic, but it's worked in the past.
PS5 tracker — stores to check
- Walmart: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock October 28)
- Best Buy: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock October 21)
- GameStop: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock October 26)
- Amazon: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock October 26)
- Dell: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock August 25)
- Target: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock October 27)
- Sony: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock October 21)
- Newegg: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock April 29)
- Kohl's: PS5 (last restock April 21)
- Adorama: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition | Bundles
- Costco: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock October 28)
- Antonline: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock October 28)
- Sam's Club: PS5 (last restock October 22)