Best Buy PS5 restock is back! The electronics retailer has PS5 restock for the general public. (No Totaltech membership required). You can get the PS5 for $499 via this link or the PS5 Digital for $399 via this link.
Today's restock comes just minutes before the first Sony Direct PS5 restock of November. Sony's restock is invite-only, but it could open up to the general public if consoles are available.
Best Buy PS5 restock (sold out)
PS5: $499 @ Best Buy
Sony's flagship gaming machine, the PS5 is one of the most in-demand tech products currently available. For good reason: this powerful console boasts 4K visuals, an innovative DualSense controller, and a 4K Blu-ray drive.
PS5 Digital Edition: $399 @ Best Buy
The PS5 Digital Edition is the same great console just minus the 4K Blu-ray disc drive. This is a great pick for gamers that are all in on digital games.
PS5 restock tracker — stores to check
- Walmart: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock November 9)
- Best Buy: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock November 11)
- GameStop: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock October 26)
- Amazon: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock October 26)
- Dell: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock August 25)
- Target: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock October 27)
- Sony: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock October 21)
- Newegg: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock April 29)
- Kohl's: PS5 (last restock April 21)
- Adorama: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition | Bundles
- Costco: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock November 10)
- Antonline: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock October 28)
- Sam's Club: PS5 (last restock October 22)
How to buy a PS5 at Best Buy
To be fair, Best Buy isn't the only retailers to hold a PS5 restock exclusively for members of a premium rewards program, but what makes this drop so egregious is the cost of a Totaltech subscription. GameStop offers early access to next-gen console restocks through its PowerUp Reward Pro membership, but that costs a mere $15 annually.
Amazon has also experimented with offering Prime members priority access to PS5 restocks, but Prime costs a more reasonable $12.99 a month. Plus, Prime comes with a host of other benefits including access to the popular Prime Video and Prime Music streaming services, which made it worth having even before the PS5 restock perk was introduced.
As with most retailers, setting up a Best Buy account ahead of time should be your first priority. You want to make sure that your payment details and address information is pre-saved, in order to shave precious time off your checkout; that could be the difference between securing a PS5 and being left empty-handed.
Previously, Best Buy PS5 restocks required that your refresh the product page until you see the yellow "add to cart" button or a grey "please wait" button. However, Best Buy's new process places you in a queue. A pop-up windows says it'll "verify your account" and check for inventory. So it pays to sign into your account asap.
If you see that the PS5 is no longer in stock, you might want to try again via an incognito browser window. Repeat the process until you (hopefully) manage to score a console.