The unimaginatively-named Sputnik is nevertheless a creatively-designed watch that shows that less is more.
Essentially a four-centimeter square that's a centimeter thick, Sputnik is a plane-jane digital watch. The watch's strap threads through a slot on the main unit, making the whole design look like a thick waistband with a flattened ornament.
Even better, Sputnik is actually available for pre-order! This means we can actually share some spec with you, for a better idea of how this tiny modern timekeeping piece works. To quote verbatim from the site:
- Size: 40 x 40 x 10mm/Band Width: 30mm
- Color: Black, White, Silver and 16 bright colors
- Water Resistance: 3ATM
- Functions: Alarm, Chronograph, Date, Time
- Battery: CR2016 Battery (3.0VDC Operating Voltage)
- Module: 32,768Hertz Quartz Crystal Oscillation Frequency
- Display: TDF LCD Display
- Electroluminescent(EL): Backlight (with Auto – EL option)
- Case Material: ABS plastic
- Case Back: ABS plastic /Screw In
- Wristband: Silicone and ABS plastic buckle
- Warranty: 1 Year
You can order Vadim Kibardin's creation through the link below. Unfortunately, as Kibardin's online shop isn't 100% working yet, you'll have to inquire for specific details on price and shipping costs.