Update: Walmart is now sold out of PS5 and Xbox Series X consoles. Make sure to follow our PS5 restock and Xbox Series X restock guides for news on the next restock. Plus, check out our Walmart Black Friday deals guide to see what we expect from Walmart over the holidays.
Walmart currently has PS5 restock and Xbox Series X restock available. Tonight's Walmart PS5 restock event started at 9 p.m. ET. The retailer also has stock of the Xbox Series X Halo Infinite console.
This evening's drop will last for a full hour with inventory being refreshed every 10 minutes throughout the hour, so don't give up if you can't snag a console on your first try.
- Walmart Black Friday deals: what to expect for 2021
Walmart Xbox Series X Halo (sold out)
Xbox Series X Halo Infinite: $549 @ Walmart
The new Xbox Series X Halo Infinite console celebrates 20 years of Halo. The console features a Halo-inspired design and also powers on/off with custom Halo-themed sounds. It comes with a matching Halo Infinite controller. View Deal
Walmart PS5 restock (sold out)
PS5: $499 @ Walmart
The flagship PS5 console includes a 4K UDH Blu-ray disc drive. As a result, the design is slightly fuller than the all-digital model. It sells for $499 and includes a PS5 DualSense controller.View Deal
PS5 Digital Edition: $399 @ Walmart
The PS5 Digital console lacks a 4K UDH Blu-ray disc drive. As a result, it's slightly thinner than its counterpart. It also sells for $399 ($100 less) and includes a PS5 DualSense controller.View Deal
Walmart Xbox Series X restock (sold out)
Xbox Series X: $499 @ Walmart
The Xbox Series X is Microsoft's new flagship console. It features 12 teraflops of graphics power, 16GB of RAM, 1TB SSD, and Blu-ray drive. It runs games at 4K resolution and 60 frames per second with a max of 8K at 120 fps. The Editor's Choice console represents the pinnacle of Microsoft's gaming efforts. View Deal
Walmart's earlier restock — what happened?
Walmart attempted a restock earlier today (Sept. 23), but a Walmart spokesperson tells Tom's Guide that the site experienced an issue at the time of restock. Shoppers were left with error pages or pages that said the consoles were "sold out." As a result, Walmart abandoned the restock minutes into the event. However, we've now confirmed that the restock has been rescheduled for tonight. (It's underway now). The retailer will have PS5, Xbox Series X, and Xbox Series X Halo Infinite Limited Edition stock.
This week hasn't been the greatest for PS5 restock retailers in general. Amazon and Sony Direct both held disastrous drops on Tuesday, but this Walmart fiasco has taken things to a whole new level. It was one of the biggest restock fails we've seen all year.
We're recommending shoppers get their console now, as finding the consoles will likely be harder as we get closer to the holidays. (That said, we expect to see plenty of Black Friday PS5 deals on games and accessories).
Walmart restock event — tips and tricks
The first thing you'll want to do is create a Walmart.com account if you don't already have one. Enter your address and credit card info so that in the event you score a console, you can quickly checkout. You'll also want to know the correct landing pages for the PS5 at Walmart. (You'll find the links above).
Once the consoles are available at Walmart you'll have to act lightning fast to secure a console and purchase it. However, it's worth noting that Walmart tends to release inventory every 10 to 15 minutes. So if you don't score a console on your first try, keep trying. Generally speaking, Walmart restocks have lasted from 1 hour to as long as 3 hours. So it pays to stick around and keep trying.
Many have reported that adding the PS5 to a shopping list has helped them score a PS5. To do this, sign into your Walmart account and go to the PS5 product page at Walmart. Click the "add to list" icon underneath the console's image. You'll then be prompted to create a name for your wish list.
The next time Walmart has PS5 restock, you should be able to add the console to your cart via your wish list (instead of going to the product page and waiting for it to show up in stock. Again, your mileage may vary with this tactic, but it's worked in the past.
PS5 tracker — stores to check
- Walmart: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock September 23)
- Best Buy: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock August 12)
- GameStop: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock September 14)
- Amazon: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock September 21)
- Dell: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock August 25)
- Target: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock September 10)
- Sony: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock September 22)
- Newegg: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock April 29)
- Kohl's: PS5 (last restock April 21)
- Adorama: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition | Bundles
- Costco: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock April 22)
- Antonline: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock September 16)
- Sam's Club: PS5 (last restock August 12)
Xbox Series X tracker — stores to check
- Best Buy: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock July 14)
- Walmart: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock September 23)
- Amazon: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock June 22)
- Dell: Xbox Series X (last restock August 25)
- Target: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last June 23)
- Microsoft: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock September 16)
- GameStop: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (restock August 17)
- Newegg: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock May 2)
- Adorama: Xbox Series X & Xbox Series S bundles (last restock July 16)
- Lenovo: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock March 16)
- Costco: Xbox Series X (last restock July 1)
- BJ's: Xbox Series X (last restock July 8)
- Kohl's: Xbox Series X (last restock April 21)
- Antonline: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock August 25)