It's been a slow month for Xbox Series X restock. However, GameStop currently has Xbox Series S in stock and ready to ship.
Currently, you can get the Xbox Series S for $299 at GameStop. That's list price for the console and the only store that has it in stock and ready to ship. (You can purchase it as a standalone or via Xbox All Access).
Xbox Series S: $299 @ GameStop
The more affordable next-gen Xbox Series S is limited to 1440p output, but still delivers fast loading, ray tracing, and high frame rates. It sports a GPU with up to 4 teraflops of output, 10GB of RAM, and a 512GB SSD for storage. (There's no disc drive).
Xbox Series X|S restock tracker
- Best Buy: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock April 26)
- Walmart: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock May 6)
- Amazon: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock April 21)
- Target: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (April 28)
- Microsoft: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock May 3)
- GameStop: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (restock April 28)
- Newegg: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock May 2)
- Adorama: Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S bundles
- Lenovo: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock March 16)
- Costco: Xbox Series X (last restock May 7)
- BJ's: Xbox Series X (last restock March 17)
- Kohl's: Xbox Series X (last restock April 21)
- Antonline: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock April 7)
In our Xbox Series S review, we noted that while less powerful than the Xbox Series X — the Xbox Series S still manages to impress.
Sure, games look better on the more powerful Xbox Series X, but the Xbox Series S still renders characters, backgrounds, and items gorgeously. In Yakuza: Like a Dragon, the Xbox Series X displayed sharper, more colorful advertisements on the streets of Yokohama, but character models were still rich and detailed on the Series S. Plus, the frame rate didn’t suffer from any appreciable slowdown on either platform.
In general, the Xbox Series S upscales content to 4K beautifully — and if you have a 1440p display, you won't need the upscaling at all.
If you still have your heart on the Xbox Series X, it's worth knowing that it is possible to beat the bots if you follow some of our restock cheat sheet. Also, make sure to follor our where to buy Xbox Series X coverage for the latest updates.