The 2020 Oscars award winners are now in, as the show ended and we saw the biggest wins and losses in the film world. So no matter if you're rooting for the Joker who won for best actor, or if you’re partial to the award-winning Bong Joon-Ho, who took home a ton of gold for Parasite.
Trying to predict the winners? Our expert's air-tight guide to winning your local Oscars predictions pool. They've even got picks for the lesser-known categories, to help you pick up each and every point. We’re tracking the award winners below.
While I've still yet to watch 1917, that's just one of many movies that's only in theaters right now. We've also got a guide to where you can stream 2020 Oscar nominees online. Oddly, there’s no plan for a 4K Blu-ray release for Parasite, so I bought a digital copy from Apple.
Wondering what you need to know before tuning in? Joaquin Phoenix and Renée Zellweger have a lot of buzz and momentum that could get them Oscar trophies. 1917 may grab more technical achievement awards than it does in the rest of the field.
Oh, and since hosting this show is such a hard and thankless endeavor, the 2020 Oscars have no host (again). Billie Eilish is the sole music performer already announced for the show.
Read on for our Oscars 2020 live stream guide:
Oscars 2020 start time: The 2020 Academy awards started at 8 p.m. Eastern| 5 p.m. Pacific (1 a.m. GMT), on Sunday, February 9.
Oscars red carpet coverage began at 6:30 p.m. Eastern (3:30 p.m. Pacific | 11:30 p.m. GMT) — E! broadcast all the big looks since 5 p.m. Eastern.
Oscars 2020 channel: The show is broadcast live on ABC, from the The Dolby Theatre in Hollywood. Streams are available around the world, so check below for international Oscars channels and availability.
How to watch Oscar 2020 live streams anywhere
You're already paying for one streaming media service, so you shouldn't have to pay for something else just because you're on the road. With a virtual private network (VPN) service, you can connect to the service of your choice, no matter where you go.
We've evaluated many VPN services, and our top pick is ExpressVPN. It meets the VPN needs of the vast majority of users, offering outstanding compatibility with most devices and impressive connection speeds.
Our favorite VPN service, ExpressVPN, really shines thanks to its safety, speed and simplicity-to-use. It's also compatible with loads of devices - from iOS and Android to Roku, Apple TV and PlayStations. You'll even get an extra 3 months free if you sign up for a year, or there's a 30-day money-back guarantee if you just want to give it a try.
How to watch Oscars live streams in the US
ABC is the American home for the Oscars, and the network is heavily promoting Hulu as another way to watch the Oscars online. That means you can either pull the Academy Awards out of thin air with one of our best TV antenna picks, or watch the service on one of these streaming services. There's even a free online streaming service called Locast that delivers network channels.
- Hulu with Live TV: Starting at $55 per month
- YouTube TV: Unlimited DVR storage, 70-plus channels for $49.99
- Locast: a free streaming service that's also a not-for-profit, delivering broadcast television stations over the internet
International options for Oscars live streams
- U.K.: The Sky Cinema Oscars channel (a pop-up network) streams the Academy Awards. You can buy a Sky Cinema Pass on NOW TV, if you're not already a subscriber.
- Canada: The Oscars are on CTV in Canada, with coverage beginning at 5:30 p.m. | 3:30 p.m. Mountain Time.
- Australia: The Oscars come to Australia via the Seven channel, starting at 12pm local time. If you don't want to spend daylight on the show, it will air again at 7:30 p.m.
The 2020 Oscars winners
- Ford v Ferrari
- The Irishman
- Jojo Rabbit
- Little Women
- Marriage Story
- Once upon a Time...in Hollywood
- Parasite (Winner)
- The Irishman - Martin Scorsese
- Joker - Todd Phillips
- 1917 - Sam Mendes
- Once upon a Time...in Hollywood - Quentin Tarantino
- Parasite - Bong Joon Ho (Winner)
Best Actor in a Leading Role
- Antonio Banderas - Pain and Glory
- Leonardo DiCaprio - Once upon a Time...in Hollywood
- Adam Driver - Marriage Story
- Joaquin Phoenix - Joker (Winner)
- Jonathan Pryce - The Two Popes
Best Actress in a Leading Role
- Cynthia Erivo - Harriet
- Scarlett Johansson - Marriage Story
- Saoirse Ronan - Little Women
- Charlize Theron - Bombshell
- Renée Zellweger - Judy (Winner)
Best Actor in a Supporting Role
- Tom Hanks - A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
- Anthony Hopkins - The Two Popes
- Al Pacino - The Irishman
- Joe Pesci - The Irishman
- Brad Pitt - Once upon a Time...in Hollywood (Winner)
Best Actress in a Supporting Role
- Kathy Bates - Richard Jewell
- Laura Dern - Marriage Story (Winner)
- Scarlett Johansson - Jojo Rabbit
- Florence Pugh - Little Women
- Margot Robbie - Bombshell
Best Original Screenplay
- Knives Out - Written by Rian Johnson
- Marriage Story - Written by Noah Baumbach
- 1917 - Written by Sam Mendes & Krysty Wilson-Cairns
- Once upon a Time...in Hollywood - Written by Quentin Tarantino
- Parasite - Screenplay by Bong Joon Ho, Han Jin Won; Story by Bong Joon Ho (Winner)
Best Adapted Screenplay
- The Irishman - Screenplay by Steven Zaillian
- Jojo Rabbit - Screenplay by Taika Waititi (Winner)
- Joker - Written by Todd Phillips & Scott Silver
- Little Women - Written for the screen by Greta Gerwig
- The Two Popes - Written by Anthony McCarten