Google's free webmail service Gmail seems easy to use at first, but it's got a lot of features and abilities that might not be obvious. For example, how do you create new folders in Gmail? How do you empty the trash? How do you change the password?
That's why we're here to help. Our guide below details how to do all these things and more, and we'll be ready to add more Gmail tips and tricks as they come up.
- 10 helpful Gmail features (and how to use them)
- The best Chromebooks for kids
- How to disable Gmail's smart features and prevent tracking
Signing up for Google's free email service isn't difficult, but there are a few pitfalls.
It's not that simple to delete your Gmail account. Here's how.
Logging out of Gmail has a pretty widespread impact.
Most people don't know this, but you can change your username in Gmail.
Got people or companies flooding your inbox with unwanted messages? Here's how to block them.
Believe it or not, you can recall an email after it's sent — but there's a catch.
Sometimes you'll want to move or delete a whole bunch of messages at once. Here's how.
Want to thoroughly clean out your inbox? This is how to do it.
This isn't the most obvious procedure, so we'll walk you through it.
Gmail gives you plenty of storage for old emails, but you'll want to empty it once in a while.
Worried your password might be too week, or compromised? Here's how to fix that.
Someone you just want to file messages away for future reference.
Believe it or not, Gmail does have a dark mode to ease your tired eyes.
Here's how to beef up your Gmail security with one simple trick.
You can also greatly enhance your Gmail security from the comfort of your phone.
More Gmail tips
- How to create a new Gmail account
- How to delete your Gmail account
- How to log out of Gmail
- How to change your name in Gmail
- How to block emails in Gmail
- How to recall email in Gmail
- How to mark all as read in Gmail
- How to delete all emails in Gmail
- How to create folders in Gmail
- How to empty trash in Gmail
- How to change your password in Gmail
- How to archive email in Gmail
- How to activate Gmail dark mode
- How to turn on Gmail's two-factor authentication on your desktop
- How to set up Gmail two-factor authentication (2FA) on your phone