A Sling TV free trial is a very valuable thing to find right now, as the next-priciest alternative just got more expensive. Annoyingly, though, Sling TV free trials aren't found when you go to sign up — but we have ways, as you'll see below.
Sling is our top pick for the best cable TV alternative, but we don't blame anyone who wants to kick the tires before they sign up to pay another monthly bill. Check out our Sling TV promo codes to keep up to date with the latest offers.
Just want NBA live streams? Then Sling Orange is best for you. Need More? Well, you might want to check out our YouTube TV vs. Sling TV face off to see how Sling stacks up against another titan in the industry.
A Sling TV free trial, when available, is the best way to check out one of the best streaming services in the market. For cord-cutters, Sling is one of the best cable TV alternatives for getting rid of that expensive monthly bill. But you may be wondering if it has all the channels you want, so it's a good idea to test it out before committing to a subscription.
After your first month, Sling (which is available on most of the best streaming devices) starts at $40 a month (recently gone up after a Sling TV price hike) and gives you access to popular networks including ESPN and CNN. It also offers local broadcast networks in certain regions. And you can sign up for additional extras like Showtime and Starz. Meanwhile, you can check out Sling TV deals for more information on the aforementioned discounts.
For more details about the service, read our Sling TV review. Sling TV continues to provide bang for the buck, while its competitors have raised their prices. YouTube TV is raising rates to $73 per month, $3 more than Hulu With Live TV.
Sling TV (opens in new tab): Sling includes access to top cable networks such as ESPN, CNN, TNT, AMC, Food Network and USA, with packages starting at just $40 a month. Currently, the first month is 50% off for new subscribers.
While Sling TV doesn’t come with every channel you might desire — it has more than 50 channels when you subscribe to both Sling Orange and Sling Blue, and some extras for an additional fee. Either Orange or Blue will be perfect if you want to watch South Park season 26 online.
Make sure you check out our guide to Sling TV's channels and packages, and how to record shows on Sling TV.
Sling TV free trial: How to sign up
The following step only work when a Sling TV free trial is available. Check them right now if you want, but our recent check didn't work. Scroll down for another option.
1. On Sling.com (opens in new tab), scroll down to Sling Orange, Blue and Orange & Blue, hover over an option and click the orange "Try Us Free" button. Note that Sling's terms of trial length are constantly changing, and it may also say "Get This Offer."
2. Enter your email address, a new password and click Register.
3. Select a service package. Your options are Sling's Orange, Blue, or Orange-and-Blue combo pack. Here's a rundown of Sling Orange vs Blue. Note the price differences: Orange gives you 30 channels for $40 a month, Blue packs 50 channels in for $40 per month, and the combo, which offers more than 50 channels, will run you $55 per month.
Again, the duration of the trial is always changing, so the Sling signup page may look slightly different.
4. Now, scroll through the extra channel options are. Here, you can choose whether to get more channels for an additional fee, like Epix, CMT, and others. You can also choose to sign up for Showtime and Starz. Additionally, Sling lets you upgrade to 50 hours of Cloud DVR storage (10 hours comes free) when selecting extras. When you're ready, click Continue.
5. Enter your credit card and move on. If I were you, I'd set a reminder that reads "Make sure you want to pay for Sling," set to a few hours (at least) before the date and time listed at the top of this page. After that point in time, Sling will begin charging your credit card automatically.
At long last, you've made it through the subscription process and you're ready to start watching content. If you're on a computer, Sling TV can either be used in Chrome, or you'll want to download its app to your machine. If you prefer to watch it on the Apple TV or another device, just download the app from the gadget's app store and input your credentials. If you decide you don't want to continue the free trial, here's info on how to cancel Sling.
Here's another way to get a Sling TV free trial, if the above methods don't work:
If you download the Sling app or channel onto one of these devices you should see a Watch Now 7 Days Free button. Select that and you should be able to get a free trial to Sling TV.
- Amazon Fire TV
- Androids (phones and tablets via Google Play app)
- Android TV
- Apple tvOS
- iOS and iPadOS devices (via the Sling app in Apple's app store)
- Smart TVs from LG and Samsung
- Xbox One
Next: I cut the cable cord — here's 3 things I love and 2 things I hate about it.