Credit: Tom's GuideGesture controls are not automatically switched on by default. Instead, when you get your S10, you’ll need to head to Settings if you want to start swiping instead of tapping. Here’s how to turn on gesture controls:
1. Open Settings.
2. Scroll down and tap Display.
3. Tap Navigation Bar.
4. Select Full Screen Gestures. If you’d like to switch the order of the back and recent apps buttons, go to the Button Order section and choose your preferred order.
Samsung’s gesture scheme is quite simple — it replaces each of the three Android navigation keys with swipe up gestures. To trigger Google Assistant, simply swipe up and hold on the home button.
Looking for more Galaxy S10 tips and advice? Visit our Galaxy S10 hub page for even more help with getting the most out of your smartphone.
More Galaxy S10 Tips
- How to Set Up the Galaxy S10's Always On Display
- Galaxy S10: Ten Features to Enable and Disable
- How to Adjust the Galaxy S10's Display