The first Walmart PS5 restock of 2022 is still underway. Walmart has PS5 restock and Xbox Series X restock available for purchase as of 3 p.m. ET. The restock is for Walmart Plus members only. The restock is expected to last for at least an hour with new inventory being released every 10 minutes.
Walmart Plus membership costs $98 per year, although there's also a $12.95/month option. However, it's worth noting that you can't get access to either restock if you’ve got a free trial, so you'll need to have a paid Walmart Plus subscription to participate. (You can sign up at Walmart via this link).
Walmart Plus: $12.95/month @ Walmart
Walmart Plus is a subscription service from Walmart. Priced at $98 per year, it includes perks like unlimited free delivery on more than 160,000 items as well as fuel discounts at more than 2,000 Walmart and Murphy USA fuel stations. Shoppers can also opt for a $12.95/month option.
Walmart PS5 restock (sold out)
PS5: $499 @ Walmart
The flagship PS5 console includes a 4K UDH Blu-ray disc drive. As a result, the design is slightly fuller than the all-digital model. It sells for $499 and includes a PS5 DualSense controller.
PS5 Digital: $399 @ Walmart
The PS5 Digital console lacks a 4K UDH Blu-ray disc drive. As a result, it's slightly thinner than its counterpart. It also sells for $399 ($100 less) and includes a PS5 DualSense controller.
Walmart Xbox Series X restock (sold out)
Xbox Series X: $499 at Walmart
The Xbox Series X is Microsoft's new flagship console. It features 12 teraflops of graphics power, 16GB of RAM, 1TB SSD, and Blu-ray drive. It runs games at 4K resolution and 60 frames per second with a max of 8K at 120 fps.
Walmart restock event — tips and tricks
The first thing you'll want to do is create a Walmart.com account if you don't already have one. Enter your address and credit card info so that in the event you score a console, you can quickly checkout. You'll also want to know the correct landing pages for the PS5 at Walmart. (You'll find the links above).
Once the consoles are available at Walmart you'll have to act lightning fast to secure a console and purchase it. However, it's worth noting that Walmart tends to release inventory every 10 to 15 minutes. So if you don't score a console on your first try, keep trying. Generally speaking, Walmart restocks have lasted from 1 hour to as long as 3 hours. So it pays to stick around and keep trying.
Many have reported that adding the PS5 to a shopping list has helped them score a PS5. To do this, sign into your Walmart account and go to the PS5 product page at Walmart. Click the "add to list" icon underneath the console's image. You'll then be prompted to create a name for your wish list.
The next time Walmart has PS5 restock, you should be able to add the console to your cart via your wish list (instead of going to the product page and waiting for it to show up in stock. Again, your mileage may vary with this tactic, but it's worked in the past.
If refuse to sign up for Walmart Plus, don’t give up hope. We're bound to see more restocks throughout the coming weeks.
PS5 restock tracker — stores to check
- Walmart: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock January 13)
- Best Buy: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock January 5)
- GameStop: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock December 30)
- Amazon: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock December 30)
- Dell: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock August 25)
- Target: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock January 6)
- Sony: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock January 13)
- Newegg: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock April 29)
- Kohl's: PS5 (last restock April 21)
- Adorama: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition | Bundles
- Costco: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock December 14)
- Antonline: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock January 10)
- Sam's Club: PS5 (last restock December 16)
- Verizon: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock November 17)