The 2021 Tokyo Olympics might be the dawn of a new day for Team USA's volleyball dreams. And while they're down one of their biggest stars, they may take the gold after all.
Injured in a match (that the team lost) against the Russian Olympic Committee, Thompson is the biggest name on the team. And while she did not return for the game against the Dominican Republic, Team USA won anyways.
But then Jordyn Poulter rolled her ankle in the game against Italy (which the team won), and also was not in the game against the DR. And now, in the Team USA vs. Brazil women's volleyball live stream they're going for the gold!
In 2016, the highly touted U.S. only took bronze, after falling to Serbia in the semifinals. And until these injuries, Robinson's team was undefeated in group play, and looking stronger than ever.
That's because they toppled China — the reigning champs — in straight sets: 29-27, 25-22, 25-21. That said, this happened to China in Rio in 2016, and they came back to take the gold then.
Ranked No. 1 in the world, the Team USA Women's Volleyball team has expectations to deal with, both from the world and themselves.
- Tokyo Olympics 2021 live stream: How to watch Olympics online for free and full schedule
- How to watch tennis at Tokyo Olympics: Schedule, channels and more
- Plus: Team USA vs Canada women’s soccer live stream details
How to watch volleyball at the Tokyo Olympics from anywhere in the world
The Olympics is a global event and can be viewed in almost every country on Earth. However, if you're not in your home country and can't watch the Tokyo Olympics' volleyball matches with your usual services — or you want to watch in your native language — you're not out of luck.
With a virtual private network, or VPN, you can appear to be surfing the web from your home town (or somewhere that blackouts won't hit), and access the same streaming services you already paid for. They're totally legal, inexpensive and easy to use.
Not sure which VPN is right for you? We've tested many different services and our pick for the best VPN overall is ExpressVPN. It offers superb speeds and excellent customer service. But you've got other VPN options as well.
We think speed, security and simplicity make ExpressVPN second to none. During our tests, we saw fast connection times, and we're impressed by the service's ability to access more than 3,000 services spread out across 160 locations in 94 countries. View Deal
Using a VPN is incredibly simple.
1. Install the VPN of your choice. As we've said, ExpressVPN is our favorite.
2. Choose the location you wish to connect to in the VPN app. For instance if you're in the U.S. and want to view a U.K. service, you'd select U.K. from the list.
3. Sit back and enjoy the action. Head to your website or streaming service of choice and tune in.
How to watch volleyball at the Tokyo Olympics live in the US
Anyone who wants to watch volleyball matches from the Tokyo Olympics live ... well, you're going to have to be up late (the live schedule is below), and have a cable login, because NBCOlympics.com requires one. Games will also air on NBCSN and USA, sometimes at reasonable hours (though often rebroadcast on tape delay).
Of course, the nightly coverage on Peacock will likely include updates as well.
USA and NBCSN are part of the $35 per month Sling TV Blue package, and Olympics-watchers will want the Blue package, which also has NBC. The Olympic Channel is also available as a $11 per month add-on.
In addition to the Olympics live streams, Peacock also has huge library of licensed content drawn from various brands. That includes shows like 30 Rock, The Voice, Battlestar Galactica, Law & Order: SVU and This Is Us.View Deal
Fubo TV has NBC, USA, NBCSN and the Olympic Channel all its base $65 per month package. It's got a 7-day free trial so you don't need to pay up front. Fubo's dozens of channels include local networks like ABC. View Deal
How to watch volleyball at the Tokyo Olympics in the UK
To watch every event live, you'll want to subscribe to Discovery Plus, which is offering coverage of every event at Tokyo 2020; all of the Olympics volleyball games will be on the service.
Discovery is currently offering a three-day free trial of the service, with full subscriptions available for £6.99/month or £29.99/year after that. Plus, the service is available to stream through a multitude of devices include Chromecast, Apple TV, Android TV and apps for iOS and Android.
The BBC iPlayer has been the go-to source for all Olympics coverage for those in the U.K., but things have changed.
The BBC won't have the monopoly on Olympics coverage in the U.K., with the IOC having sold the main European rights to the Discovery network. As a result, the BBC's coverage, though still good, is limited to no more than two live events at one time.
Americans abroad could just use the service of their choice, provided they log in via a VPN such as ExpressVPN.
How to watch volleyball at the Tokyo Olympics live in Canada
Details aren't exactly strong here. Sportsnet, CBC and TSN are sharing coverage of the Olympics, and so we've got some, but not all, of the details you may need.
That said, TLN has most of the games, though judging by the schedule they will be on tape-delay.
Again, Americans visiting their friends in the great white north could just use Peacock, Sling, Fubo and other services, provided they log in via a VPN such as ExpressVPN.
How to watch volleyball at the Tokyo Olympics live in Australia
Down Under, Aussies can watch the Olympic volleyball matches for free on the 7Plus network's streaming service — which has practically everything in the Olympics. Just add 14 hours to the Eastern times listed below to figure out when games start in AEST.
Currently out of the country? Use ExpressVPN to access your paid-for services.
Tokyo Olympics volleyball schedule
Women's Olympic volleyball schedule (all times listed in Eastern)
- Thursday, July 29 @ 8:45 a.m. — United States vs. Turkey (rebroadcast at 9 p.m. on NBCSN)
- Friday, July 30 @ 8 p.m. — Dominican Republic vs. Kenya
- Friday, July 30 @ 10:05 p.m. — United States vs. ROC (rebroadcast at 9:45 p.m. Saturday on NBCSN)
- Saturday, July 31 @ 1:20 a.m. — Argentina vs. Turkey
- Saturday, July 31 @ 3:25 a.m. — Serbia vs. Brazil
- Saturday, July 31 @ 6:40 a.m. — Japan vs. South Korea
- Saturday, July 31 @ 8:45 a.m. — China vs. Italy
- Sunday, Aug. 1 @ 8:00 a.m. — Serbia vs. South Korea
- Sunday, Aug. 1 @ 10:05 p.m. — United States vs. Italy (rebroadcast on NBCSN @ 9 p.m. on Monday)
- Monday, Aug. 2 @ 1:20 a.m. — ROC vs. Turkey
- Monday, Aug. 2 @ 3:25 a.m. — China vs. Argentina
- Monday, Aug. 2 @ 6:40 a.m. — Japan vs. Dominican Republic
- Monday, Aug. 2 @ 8:45 a.m. — Brazil vs. Kenya
- Tuesday, Aug. 3 @ 8:00 p.m. — Quarterfinal 1
- Wednesday, Aug. 4 @ 12 a.m. — Team USA vs. Dominican Republic volleyball live stream
- Wednesday, Aug. 4 @ 4 a.m. — Quarterfinal 3
- Wednesday, Aug. 4 @ 8:30 a.m. — Quarterfinal 4 (rebroadcast on USA @ 4 p.m., and then on NBCSN @ 2 a.m. Thursday)
- Friday, Aug. 6 @ 12:00 a.m. — Semifinal 1
- Friday, Aug. 6 @ 8:00 a.m. — Semifinal 2 (rebroadcast on NBCSN @ 2:45 AM Saturday)
- Saturday, Aug. 7 @ 8:00 p.m. — Bronze Medal Match
- Sunday, Aug. 8 @ 12:30 a.m. — Gold Medal Match
Men's Olympic volleyball schedule (all times listed in Eastern)
- Thursday, July 29 @ 8:00 p.m. — Canada vs. Venezuela
- Thursday, July 29 @ 10:05 p.m. — Brazil vs. United States (rebroadcast on USA @ 12 p.m. Friday, NBCSN @ 2 a.m. Saturday)
- Friday, July 30 @ 1:20 a.m. — Japan vs. Poland
- Friday, July 30 @ 3:25 a.m. — Argentina vs. Tunisia
- Friday, July 30 @ 6:40 a.m. — Italy vs. Iran
- Friday, July 30 @ 8:45 a.m. — ROC vs. France
- Saturday, July 31 @ 8:00 p.m. — Poland vs. Canada
- Saturday, July 31 @ 10:05 p.m. — Brazil vs. France
- Sunday, Aug. 1 @ 1:20 a.m. — ROC vs. Tunisia
- Sunday, Aug. 1 @ 3:25 a.m. — Italy vs. Venezuela
- Sunday, Aug. 1 @ 6:40 a.m. — Japan vs. Iran
- Sunday, Aug. 1 @ 8:45 a.m. — United States vs. Argentina (rebroadcast on NBCSN @ 6 p.m., 10 p.m.)
- Monday, Aug. 2 @ 8:00 p.m. — Quarterfinal 1
- Tuesday, Aug. 3 @ 12:00 a.m. — Quarterfinal 2
- Tuesday, Aug. 3 @ 4:00 a.m. — Quarterfinal 3
- Tuesday, Aug. 3 @ 8:30 a.m. — Quarterfinal 4 (rebroadcast on USA @ 6 p.m., and on NBCSN @ 2 a.m. Wednesday)
- Thursday, Aug. 5 @ 12:00 a.m. — Team USA vs. Serbia semi-final
- Thursday, Aug. 5 @ 8:00 a.m. — Semifinal 2 (rebroadcast on NBCSN @ 2 a.m. Friday)
- Saturday, Aug. 7 @ 12:30 a.m. — Bronze Medal Match
- Saturday, Aug. 7 @ 8:15 a.m. — Gold Medal Match (rebroadcast on USA @ 1:45 p.m. and NBCSN @ 10:30 p.m.)