Sales season is heating up with some great early deals on many of the best Black Friday headphones. I'm already seeing big discounts on some premium models from Bowers & Wilkins, Sennheiser and Sony, as well as the first discounts on the new Bose QuietComfort Headphones. In fact, the low prices right now could make up some of the best headphone deals I've found this year.
I've been testing audio products for more than 30 years, and I know what to look for when it comes to recommending the best headphones for all budgets. My expert ears have experience testing most of the models listed here. Several models are winners of our coveted Editor's Choice award for their balance of performance, comfort and value for money at the full MSRP, so you can rest assured these top-rated headphones are even better value at these discounted prices.
If I haven't reviewed a set then my expertise and knowledge of the brand, as well as what makes a great deal, means you can buy with confidence knowing that you're getting the best performance for less.
Remember to follow our Black Friday deals coverage for more outstanding early deals to shop across all Tom's Guide's tech and lifestyle categories.
Top early Black Friday headphone deals now
- Sennheiser HD 450BT: was £159 now £112 @ Amazon
- Bose QuietComfort 45: was £319 now £189 @ John Lewis
- Technics EAH-A800: was £299 now £199 @ Amazon
- Bowers & Wilkins PX7 S2: was £379 now £234 @ Amazon
- Sennheiser Momentum 4 Wireless: was £309 now £278 @ Amazon
- Bose QuietComfort Headphones: was £349 now £299 @ Amazon
- Sony WH-1000XM5: was £380 now £315 @ Amazon
Best headphone deals to shop right now
Sennheiser HD 450BT: was £159 now £112 @ Amazon
These wireless headphones boast Sennheiser's signature sound and strong noise cancellation. Our review said they provided great sound and solid active noise cancellation at an affordable price. The 30 hours of battery life with ANC turned on is impressive, and with a comfortable fit, you won't want to take these headphones off.
Bose QuietComfort 45: was £319 now £189 @ John Lewis
The Bose QuietComfort 45 headphones may have been replaced by the new QuietComfort Headphones (below), but these offer stellar noise cancellation and excellent sound quality for less. They look similar to the newer model, and only the sacrifices you'll be making in going for this older version is the slightly lower battery life (20 hours compared to 24 on the newer model). This is the lowest price I've seen them at, so grab them while you can.
Price check: £235 @ Amazon
Technics EAH-A800: was £299 now £199 @ Amazon
Built for comfort and performance, these Technics headphones come highly recommended. In our review we loved the lively and balanced performance and impressive battery life that lasts up to 30 hours with ANC enabled. They support LDAC for getting the best quality over Bluetooth connectivity, and come with a cable for hard-wired connections to a headphone jack too. With £100 off right now, this is a great saving.
Price check: £249 @ John Lewis
Bowers & Wilkins PX7 S2: was £379 now £234 @ Amazon
While they're not kitted out with many fancy features, the Bowers & Wilkins Px7 S2 are built for best sound of any wireless headphones, and they do this really well. In our review, we found that they delivered a wide soundstage, high levels of detail, and excellent clarity. These Editor's Choice 'phones are an incredible overall package, and they have great battery life too.
Price check: £249 @ John Lewis
Sennheiser Momentum 4 Wireless: was £309 now £278 @ Amazon
In our Momentum 4 review we found Sennheiser's smooth house sound handled a wide range of music content, from pounding beats to more mellow tunes with aplomb. These headphones come with Bluetooth 5.2 and aptX Adaptive support, and a supplied 3.5mm cable is supplied for audiophile wired connections. The 60-hour playback time is a real crowd pleaser and makes these the ANC headphones with the longest battery life.
Bose QuietComfort Headphones: was £349 now £299 @ Amazon
They've only been on sale for a few weeks, but the first discounts on the updated replacement model for the QC45 have been spotted at Amazon. In our face-off comparison with the old version, we found this new model are the superior offering. Audio advances along with the multiple new features and playtime boost make them more appealing, and the discounted price also applies to the attractive cypress green colourway.
Sony WH-1000XM5: was £380 now £315 @ Amazon
The WH-1000XM5 are Sony's flagship noise-cancelling headphones. They feature large, over-ear cushions, excellent active noise cancellation, and up to 40 hours of battery life, or up to 30 hours with ANC enabled. This isn't the lowest price I've seen them at, but it's still a worthwhile discount on Sony's best-ever over-ear wireless headphones.
Price check: £319 @ John Lewis
Black Friday headphone deals — what to look for in 2023
Although you can find the best headphone deals at any time of the year, Black Friday deals tend to break all price records and 2023 is looking like no exception. It's not only about price though, and many factors come into play when shopping for the best headphones, but your decision should always come down to intended use. That being said, its a good idea to take the following categories into consideration before settling on any pair of headphones.
1. Design: Are you looking for in-ear, on-ear or over-ear headphones? Wired or wireless? Luxury or sporty? Since these are headphones that will be used for multiple occasions, you want something that suits your lifestyle. Some models are more versatile than others and I always have my AirPods Pro 2 with me for routine office commutes as well trip to the gym. Whatever type you choose, make sure the headphones are well built, easy to carry, and comfy to wear for about 1 to 2 hours daily.
2. Sound quality: Different models offer different sound, and since you’re buying a pair to enjoy music individually, it’s important to find headphones that match your sound preference, be it heavy bass or distinctively clear to where you can hear the littlest nuances in recordings. Some of the best audiophile headphones I've tried are the luxury Foacal Bathys that provide a premium audio experience at a price that's more affordable than you'd expect. Some models offer personalized sound via companion app, which allows the user to create their own profiles and tweak EQ levels to their hearing.
3. Battery life: Sennheiser's Momentum Wireless 4 headphones set a high bar by offer 60-hour battery life, and most wireless over-ear headphones typically manage around half that. Wireless earbuds can last about 5 to 10 hours and offer extended playtime with their bundled charging cases — always make sure one is included.
4. Accessories: It's disappointing spending money on a new pair of headphones only to find that you need to buy the accessories separately. For wired models, the manufacturer must include the aux cable, and any headphones that come with a carrying case, charging cable, user guide, and extra ear cups or tips are solid purchases.
5. Pricing considerations: Obviously, if you're here then price is a big consideration when looking for the best headphones. Although there are always exceptions, big-name brands will typically command a bit extra, but generally speaking, the less you spend on a pair of headphones the greater the chance that sound and features will be compromised. Of course, there are some great deals to be had but going for a budget option isn't always the best choice, as any money you save on your purchase won't do you much good if you're sacrificing on features or sound quality.
As the saying goes: timing is everything. And with sales season 2023 getting off to an early start, make sure you follow this page to keep track of the latest headphone bargains.