Trust us, you'll want to know how to watch IPL 2022 live streams — because the world's premier T20 contest is approaching its critical phase. We'll explain why below, and show you how to watch IPL 2022 live streams with a VPN if you're abroad right now.
With just one game to go before the playoffs, the IPL 2022 table is almost complete and we now know the identity of all four teams in the playoffs.
Gujarat Titans in first will play second-placed Rajasthan Royals in the first qualifier, while Lucknow Super Giants (third) will meet Royal Challengers Bangalore (fourth) in the eliminator.
RCB scraped in after Mumbai Indians beat Delhi Capitals yesterday, although the Capitals should probably have won; Rishabh Pant reviewed a Tim David caught behind decision when the batter was on 0, he'd have been given out. Instead, he smashed 34 off 10 balls, which in a low-scoring game, proved to be enough.
Today, we'll have a dead rubber between Sunrisers Hyderabad and Punjab Kings, followed by a brief pause tomorrow and then the playoffs on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
Who will take the trophy? Find out by watching an IPL 2022 live stream wherever you are. And don't forget to also check out our guide to watching IPL 2022 live streams on ESPN Plus.
IPL 2022 live streams
How to watch IPL 2022 live streams from anywhere
It's natural that you might want to watch the IPL 2022 live stream from your home country — after all, there's nothing like enjoying the action with commentators and pundits you already know. But what if you're not there when the game is on?
Look no further than a VPN, or virtual private network. A VPN makes it look as if you're surfing the web from your home country, rather than the one you're in. That means you can access the streaming services you already pay for, from anywhere on Earth. Or anywhere that has an internet connection, at least.
For instance, a Brit who's currently in the U.S. could watch the IPL 2022 live streams from Sky Sports, even though they're not in the U.K.
They're totally legal, inexpensive and easy to use. We've tested lots of the best VPN services and our favorite right now is ExpressVPN, thanks to its combination of superb speed, great customer service and excellent device support.
It also offers a no-questions-asked 30-day money-back guarantee, so you could check it out without having to sign up long term.
Speed, security and simplicity combine to make ExpressVPN our favorite VPN service. In our testing, we were impressed by its fast connection times and by its ability to access more than 3,000 services in 160 locations across 94 countries. A 30-day money-back guarantee is another bonus.
Using a VPN is incredibly simple.
1. Install the VPN of your choice. As we've said, ExpressVPN is our favorite.
2. Choose the location you wish to connect to in the VPN app. For instance if you're in the U.S. and want to view a U.K. service, you'd select U.K. from the list.
3. Sit back and enjoy the action. Head to Sky Sports or another service and watch the match.
Exclusive Tom's Guide Discount: Save 49% on the 12-month ExpressVPN plan
How to watch IPL 2022 live streams in the UK
You'll be able to watch every IPL 2022 live stream in the U.K. on Sky Sports and via the Sky Go app. Every game will be on Sky Sports Cricket and there'll also be plenty of supporting coverage including highlights and analysis packages.
If you already have a Sky subscription that doesn't include Sports, you'll need to pay £20/month to add those channels. If you don't have Sky at all, it'll cost you at least £41/month, depending on which other channels you choose.
Whichever package you go for, you'll also gain access to coverage in 4K and HDR, so long as you also have an HDR-ready Sky Q box and HLG-compatible TV, or the new Sky Glass TV.
If you don't want to shell out for a full Sky sub, you could also consider its Now Sports streaming service. This gives you 24-hour access for £9.98 or month-long access for £33.99 — though there's an excellent deal currently on offer that brings the cost down to £20 for the first nine months.
You'll also need to pay an extra £5/month for the Boost option that gives you full HD quality plus the ability to watch on up to three screens at once. Still, Now Sports is available on virtually every streaming device out there and is a great option if you don't already have Sky and just want to watch for a fixed period.
All sounds great, right? But if you're not in the U.K., you can still follow the IPL 2022 live streams by using one of the best VPN services, such as ExpressVPN.
How to watch IPL 2022 live streams in the US
Cricket fans in the U.S. have a couple of choices when it comes to the IPL 2022 live streams.
For starters, ESPN Plus will be showing all of the IPL 2022 live streams in both English and Hindi; subscribers can also stream the games through the ESPN Plus website. We've got more information on how to watch IPL 2022 live streams on ESPN Plus in our dedicated guide, so make sure to check that out too.
The entire tournament will also be shown on the excellently named Willow TV, which is available via various cable packages including Dish, Fios, Spectrum, Xfinity and more.
If you've cut the cord and don't have cable, don't worry — because you can also watch Willow via Sling TV. You'll need a Sling subscription, which costs $35 for either the Orange or Blue package, and can then add Willow TV for $10/month or $60/year.
However, right now Sling is offering a 50% off the first month of a subscription, plus if you sign up for Willow TV via Sling you can get the first three months for $6 month.
But what if you already use those services but aren't in the U.S. right now? As we explained above, your best bet will be to use a VPN such as ExpressVPN so you can access them wherever you are.
Sling TV offers two packages, both of which cost $35 a month. Willow TV is available as an add-on to either. Sling is currently offering 50% off the first month.
How to watch IPL 2022 live streams in India
If you're cutting the cord and going the Hotstar route, you can pay Rs. 499/year for the new Mobile plan, which lets you watch on one mobile device, Rs. 899/year for the Super plan (2 devices, including TVs and laptops) or Rs. 1499 for Premium (4 devices plus 4K and no adverts). There's more details here.
If you already subscribe to one of those services but are outside of India right now, you can simply choose one of the best VPN services such as ExpressVPN to live stream the action wherever you are are.
How to watch IPL 2022 live streams in Australia
Fox is available as part of many pay TV packages, but if you don't already have it then Kayo might be a better bet.
Kayo can be accessed via a dedicated mobile or tablet app, and also on Chromecast and Apple TV — plus it costs a very reasonable $25 AUD per month for the basic package. A premium subscription is also available for $35 AUD per month, but this merely gives you the ability to access three simultaneous streams, rather than two.
Plus, there's a 14-day free trial available if you want to try the service before committing to a subscription. Although that said, you can cancel at any time, so there's really no reason not to give it a try.
Not in Australia right now? You can simply use a VPN to watch all the action on your Fox or Kayo account, as if you were back home.
How to watch IPL 2022 live streams in New Zealand
New Zealanders can watch IPL 2022 live streams on Sky Sport. This costs $57.98 NZD per month, or $31.99/month extra if you already have Sky but not Sport. Plus there's currently an offer which gives you your first month free when you sign up for a year.
Alternatively, you could go for the Sky Sport Now service, which gives you just the Sport channels but for a reduced cost of $19.99/week / $39.99/month or $399/year — but there's also a free seven-day trial of the service so you can give it a go before committing.
Not at home in New Zealand right now? You can still follow every game by using one of the best VPN services, such as ExpressVPN.
Can you watch the IPL 2022 live streams in Pakistan?
Sadly, cricket fans in Pakistan will not be able to watch the IPL 2022 live streams, as no Pakistan broadcaster has the rights to show the action. In fact, there won't even be any Pakistani cricketers playing in tournament, due to the strained diplomatic relationship between India and Pakistan.
However, if you're usually based in another country such as the U.K. but happen to be in Pakistan right now, you can still enjoy your local coverage, simply by signing up for a VPN such as ExpressVPN to live stream the action.
IPL 2022: Fixtures, times and results
- Kolkata Knight Riders beat Chennai Super Kings by 6 wickets
- Delhi Capitals beat Mumbai Indians by 4 wickets
- Punjab Kings beat Royal Challengers Bangalore by 5 wickets
- Gujarat Titans beat Lucknow Super Giants by 5 wickets
- Rajasthan Royals beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 61 runs
- Royal Challengers Bangalore beat Kolkata Knight Riders by 3 wickets
- Lucknow Super Giants beat Chennai Super Kings by 6 wickets
- Kolkata Knight Riders beat Punjab Kings by 6 wickets
Click to see all fixtures and times
- Rajasthan Royals beat Mumbai Indians by 23 runs
- Gujarat Titans beat Delhi Capitals by 14 runs
- Punjab Kings beat Chennai Super Kings by 54 runs
- Lucknow Super Giants beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 12 runs
- Royal Challengers Bangalore beat Rajasthan Royals by 4 wickets
- Kolkata Knight Riders beat Mumbai Indians by 5 wickets
- Lucknow Super Giants beat Delhi Capitals by 6 wickets
- Gujarat Titans beat Punjab Kings by 6 wickets
- Sunrisers Hyderabad beat Chennai Super Kings by 8 wickets
- Royal Challengers Bangalore beat Mumbai Indians by 7 wickets
- Delhi Capitals beat Kolkata Knight Riders by 44 runs
- Rajasthan Royals beat Lucknow Super Giants by 3 runs
- Sunrisers Hyderabad beat Gujarat Titans by 8 wickets
- Chennai Super Kings beat Royal Challengers Bangalore by 23 runs
- Punjab Kings beat Mumbai Indians by 12 runs
- Gujarat Titans beat Rajasthan Royals by 37 runs
- Sunrisers Hyderabad beat Kolkata Knight Riders by 7 wickets
- Lucknow Super Giants beat Mumbai Indians by 18 runs
- Royal Challengers Bangalore beat Delhi Capitals by 16 runs
- Sunrisers Hyderabad beat Punjab Kings by 7 wickets
- Gujarat Titans beat Chennai Super Kings by 3 wickets
- Rajasthan Royals beat Kolkata Knight Riders by 7 runs
- Royal Challengers Bangalore beat Lucknow Super Giants by 18 runs
- Delhi Capitals beat Punjab Kings by 9 wickets
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians by 3 wickets
- Rajasthan Royals beat Delhi Capitals by 15 runs
- Gujarat Titans beat Kolkata Knight Riders by 8 runs
- Sunrisers Hyderbad beat Royal Challengers Bangalore by 9 wickets
- Lucknow Super Giants beat Mumbai Indians by 36 runs
- Punjab Kings beat Chennai Super Kings by 11 runs
- Rajasthan Royals beat Royal Challengers Bangalore by 29 runs
- Gujarat Titans beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 5 wickets
- Delhi Capitals beat Kolkata Knight Riders by 4 wickets
- Lucknow Super Giants beat Punjab Kings by 20 runs
- Gujarat Titans beat Royal Challengers Bangalore by 6 wickets
- Mumbai Indians beat Rajasthan Royals by 5 wickets
- Lucknow Super Giants beat Delhi Capitals by 6 runs
- Chennai Super Kings beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 13 runs
- Kolkata Knight Riders beat Rajasthan Royals by 7 wickets
- Punjab Kings beat Gujarat Titans by 8 wickets
- Royal Challengers Bangalore beat Chennai Super Kings by 13 runs
- Delhi Capitals beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 21 runs
- Mumbai Indians beat Gujarat Titans by 5 runs
- Rajasthan Royals beat Punjab Kings by 6 wickets
- Lucknow Super Giants beat Kolkata Knight Riders by 75 runs
- Royal Challengers Bangalore beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 67 runs
- Chennai Super Kings beat Delhi Capitals by 91 runs
- Kolkata Knight Riders beat Mumbai Indians by 52 runs
- Gujarat Titans beat Lucknow Super Giants by 62 runs
- Delhi Capitals beat Rajasthan Royals by 8 wickets
- Mumbai Indians beat Chennai Super Kings by 5 wickets
- Punjab Kings beat Royal Challengers Bangalore by 54 runs
- Kolkata Knight Riders beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 54 runs
- Gujarat Titans beat Chennai Super Kings by 7 wickets
- Rajasthan Royals beat Lucknow Super Giants by 24 runs
- Delhi Capitals beat Punjab Kings by 17 runs
- Sunrisers Hyderabad beat Mumbai Indians by 3 runs
- Lucknow Super Giants beat Kolkata Knight Riders by 2 runs
- Royal Challengers Bangalore beat Gujarat Titans by 8 wickets
- Rajasthan Royals beat Chennai Super Kings by 5 wickets
- Mumbai Indians beat Delhi Capitals by 5 wickets
- Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Punjab Kings, Sun May 22, 10 a.m. ET
IPL 2022 live streams: Playoffs schedule
- Qualifier 1: Gujarat Titans vs Rajasthan Royals, Tuesday, May 24
- Eliminator: Lucknow Super Giants vs Royal Challengers Bangalore, Wednesday, May 25
- Qualifier 2: tbc vs tbc, Friday, May 27
- IPL 2022 Final: tbc vs tbc, Sunday, May 29
IPL 2022: Groups and format
IPL 2022 groups and format: How it works
The IPL 2022 format is best described as complicated.
First, the simple bit: there are 10 teams and they're divided into two groups of five. The groups were determined by seedings, which in turn were decided by performance in past IPL tournaments.
Here's how they break down, with the number of titles they've each won in brackets:
|Seeding||Group A||Group B|
|1||Mumbai Indians (5)||Chennai Super Kings (4)|
|2||Kolkata Knight Riders (2)|
Sunrisers Hyderabad (1)
|3||Rajasthan Royals (1)|
Royal Challengers Bangalore
|5||Lucknow Super Giants|
Now for the complicated bits.
In the group stage, each team plays 14 games: two each against the other four teams in the same group, two against the team in the other group 'facing' them in the draw, and one against each of the other four teams in the other group. So, for instance, Mumbai Indians will play all the other teams in Group A twice, and all the teams in Group B once except for Chennai, which they will play twice.
Still with us?
Each team will receive two points for a win and one point for a draw or no result. But there'll be just one league table for all 10 teams.
Finally, the playoffs: these will feature the top four teams in the overall league table. First will play second and third will play fourth. The winner of the first game will go through to the final. The winner of the second game will play the loser of the first game in a final playoff, with the winner of that also going through to the final.
See, we told you it was complicated.
IPL 2022: Key players
IPL 2022: Key players for each team
|Mumbai Indians||Rohit Sharma|
|Kieron Pollard||Jasprit Bumrah|
|Kolkata Knight Riders|
|Rajasthan Royals||Jos Buttler|
|Lucknow Super Giants|
|Quinton de Kock||Jason Holder|
Chennai Super Kings
Royal Challengers Bangalore
IPL 2022 table