We know: the holidays are probably the last thing on your mind right now. However, Black Friday 2018 will be here before you know it and when it comes to gift planning, you can never start too early, especially if you're known to procrastinate.
So we're here to tell you this year's major holiday shipping deadlines. From Amazon to FedEx, make a mental note of these dates to ensure your gifts arrive on time regardless of where they're going. Currently, only FedEx, the United States Postal Service, and UPS have listed their holiday shipping dates. However, keep in mind these are the nation's main shipping companies, so this list should give you a general idea of when this year's cut-off times will begin. We'll update this story with new dates as the holiday season progresses.
United States Postal Service
Need to shop via the USPS? Here are their cut-off dates this year.
- Standard Ground: Friday, December 14
- First Class Mail (including greeting cards): Thursday, December 20
- Priority mail: Thursday, December 20
- Priority mail Express: Saturday, December 22
FedEx offers a number of other shipping options for holiday presents delivered on (or before) December 25.
- FedEx Ground: Friday, December 14
- FedEx Express Saver: Wednesday, December 19
- FedEx 2-Day: Thursday, December 20
- FedEx Standard Overnight, Priority Overnight, First Overnight: Friday, December 21
- FedEx SameDay: Tuesday, December 25
Here are UPS' cut-off dates for 2018.
- UPS 2nd Day Air: Thursday, December 20
- UPS Next Day Air: Friday, December 21