Prime Day may be drawing to a close, but iPhone deals will continue — especially in the case of the the iPhone 12, which Apple announced amid Amazon's annual sales event.
Not only is Apple announcing four new phones, it's slashing prices on select models. That makes this one of the best times to buy an older iPhone, especially now that the year-old iPhone 11 is now a relatively-inexpensive $599.
iPhone 12 pre-orders officially begin Oct. 16, but some enticing deals have already been announced. If you're in the market for a new iPhone, be it the 12, 11 or otherwise, here are all the best deals we could find.
- iPhone 12 vs. mini vs. Pro vs. Max: Which should you buy?
- Our rankings of the best iPhones
Best Prime Day iPhone deals right now
- iPhone 12: free with Unlimited + trade-in @ AT&T (opens in new tab)
- iPhone 12: free with new line + trade-in @ T-Mobile (opens in new tab)
- iPhone 12: 55% off with trade-in @ Verizon (opens in new tab)
- iPhone 11: Was $699 now $599 @ Apple (opens in new tab)
- iPhone 11 Pro Max for $979 (Renewed): Save $270 on 256GB model @ Amazon (opens in new tab)
- iPhone 11 Pro for free: With trade-in @ AT&T (opens in new tab)
- iPhone 11 with up to $550 off: With trade-in @ Verizon (opens in new tab)
- iPhone 11 buy one/get one offer: With trade-in @ T-Mobile (opens in new tab)
iPhone 12: free with Unlimited + trade-in @ AT&T (opens in new tab)
Apple's new iPhone 12 is finally here, and AT&T is offering the first major discount. Currently, new and existing AT&T subscribers can get the iPhone 12 for free when purchased with an AT&T Unlimited Plan and with trade-in of an iPhone 8 (or a later model). It's the first iPhone 12 deal we've seen and one of the fastest discounts we've seen on a new iPhone.
iPhone 12: $15/month with Unlimited + trade-in @ Verizon (opens in new tab)
At Verizon, trade-in an iPhone X (or later model), sign up for a Verizon Unlimited plan, and you can get the new iPhone 12 for just $15/month with a 24-month installment plan. That's $439 off the full cost ($799) of the iPhone 12.
iPhone 12 Mini: $13/mo. with Unlimited + trade-in @ Verizon (opens in new tab)
At Verizon, trade-in an iPhone X (or later), sign up for a Verizon Unlimited plan, and you can get the new iPhone 12 Mini for just $12/month with a 24-month installment plan. That's $411 off the full cost ($699) of the iPhone 12 Mini.
iPhone 12 range: Up to $850 off with new line + trade-in (opens in new tab)
You can get up to $850 off by trading in an eligible device and adding a new line or switching to T-Mobile. $850 is enough to cover a new iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Mini, and a sizable chunk off an iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max.
iPhone 11: Was $699 now $599 @ Apple (opens in new tab)
The best iPhone 11 price is currently at Apple, which has cut the cost of last year's flagship by $100 to make room for the iPhone 12 lineup. The iPhone 12 mini, which ships in November, inherits the iPhone 11's old $699 starting price.
iPhone 11 Pro for free: With trade-in @ AT&T (opens in new tab)
You can get an iPhone 11 Pro at AT&T by switching your wireless service to one of the carrier's unlimited data plans. You will need to trade in your current phone, too, to get up to $1,000 in bill credits spread out over 30 months. Users who don't bring in their own line can get a $400 discount.
iPhone 11 with up to $550 off: With trade-in @ Verizon (opens in new tab)
Trading in your current phone at Verizon and signing up for one of four different unlimited data plans gets you up to $550 off in the form of bill credits. You'll receive those credits over 24 months. Switchers are eligible for a $250 e-gift card.
iPhone 11 buy one/get one offer: With trade-in @ T-Mobile (opens in new tab)
Bring your number over from another carrier, and buy an iPhone 11 on a monthly payment plan. Once you trade-in your current device, T-Mobile will add a second iPhone 11, discounting the cost of that second phone via monthly bill credits.
iPhone SE for $350 (Renewed): Save $50 @ Amazon (opens in new tab)
Apple's cheapest iPhone didn't get a price cut after the iPhone 12 launch, but you can save yourself some money on a renewed model on Amazon.
iPhone XR (Verizon) for $399: Save $100 @ Amazon (opens in new tab)
Another renewed model, meaning you're saving $100 compared to buying a new one from Apple. It's not as cheap as a discounted iPhone SE, but the iPhone XR is also bigger, has better battery, and swaps TouchID for FaceID. If that's more appealing, this is the deal for you.
iPhone 8 for $300 (Renewed): Save $16 @ Amazon (opens in new tab)
Apple may not sell the iPhone 8 anymore, but that doesn't mean you can't get your hands on one — and for less than the already-cheap iPhone SE. This is a renewed model, so it's not brand new, but it's also one of the cheapest ways to get an iPhone. Just now with an extra 5% off the usual price.
The iPhone 11 has proven to be the most popular iPhone model since Apple released it last year, helped in no small part by its attractive price. Even though it debuted at $300 less than the iPhone 11 Pro, the iPhone 11 uses the same powerful A13 Bionic processor, and its two rear-lens cameras take some of the best pictures you'll get from a phone.
iPhone 12 may be on the horizon, but none of that has changed. In fact the new $599 price tag makes the iPhone 11 even more appealing — especially for a phone that's only a year old.
A 6.1-inch LCD screen gives you a nice big canvas for running apps or watching videos, and the phone lasted more than 11 hours on our battery test — a very impressive result.
With all those attributes, the iPhone 11 has already proven to be in heavy demand on Prime Day, even if there were new iPhones appearing last night. Now that there's a new price tag, you can expect it to be even more popular.
We're focusing on the iPhone 11, but the iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max are impressive devices in their own right. Each have three rear cameras and OLED screens; they're powered by the same A13 Bionic chip in the iPhone 11. Both phones have disappeared from Apple's lineup, so expect prices to drop from their current $999 and $1,099 starting points as retailers look to unload their stock.
Shop Prime Day sales at Amazon
- Amazon devices: save on Fire TVs, Alexa speakers, Kindles (opens in new tab)
- Apple deals: save on AirPods, Apple Watch, more (opens in new tab)
- Beauty deals: deals from $4 on Revlon, Maybelline, and more (opens in new tab)
- Bedding & bath: deals on comforters, shower curtains, and mattresses (opens in new tab)
- Clothing: save on Calvin Klein, Dickies, Timberland, and more (opens in new tab)
- Fitness: save on Gaiam, Bowflex, Nautilus, and more (opens in new tab)
- Furniture: deals on office chairs, nightstands, and dressers (opens in new tab)
- Halloween decor: deals on costumes, candy, and decor (opens in new tab)
- Headphones: deals from $8 (opens in new tab)
- TV sales: deals from $115 (opens in new tab)
- Laptops: save on MacBooks, Chromebooks, and Windows machines (opens in new tab)
- Lego toys: up to 30% off Lego sets (opens in new tab)
- Mattresses: deals on Casper, Serta, Tuft & Needle (opens in new tab)
- Office chairs: deals from $39 (opens in new tab)
- Pet food/supplies: up to 40% off food and treats (opens in new tab)
- Snacks: up to 35% off Quaker, Starbucks, Lay's, and more (opens in new tab)
- Snow boots: save on Columbia, Sorel, Uggs, and more (opens in new tab)
- Tablets: save on Apple, Samsung, Fire HD, more (opens in new tab)
- Whole Foods at Amazon: up to 45% off for Prime members (opens in new tab)
- Winter apparel: coats from $39 (opens in new tab)