Spotify not only lets you see the lyrics of the song you're listening to, but has a karaoke mode that lets you sing along to the song and even get score at the end of it.
By using the microphone on your smartphone, Spotify Karaoke will record your singing, crooning and warbling and analyze it. Once you're done with blasting out a song, Spotify will analyze your singing and give you a rating out of 100 in order to assess how accurate your voice is to the pitch of the song's artist.
This features is rather easy to use, so read on to learn how to use the Spotify Karaoke mode.
How to use Spotify Karaoke
Accessing and using the Spotify Karaoke feature is rather straightforward, just follow these few steps and you’ll be belting out your favorite songs in no time; just be prepared to be judged by Spotify itself.
1. The first thing you need to do is make sure you are running the latest version of the Spotify app on iOS or Android. Navigate to the App Store or Google Play Store, then search for Spotify and check if the app requires an update. Once it's on the latest version, move on to step two.
2. In the Spotify app select the song you want to sing along to and swipe down to the lyrics section which was added least year.
3. On the right-hand corner of the lyrics section, you’ll see the word “Sing” alongside a microphone icon. Tap on it.
4. Doing that will serve up the lyrics with an audio analyzer on the screen to show you that your singing is being monitored through your mobile device’s mic. Start singing along.
5. Once you're done crooning or spitting bars, view your score of how accurate your singing was. Sadly, we’ve yet to try this so can’t quite give you the verdict on how effective the analyzer is.
If you don’t have access to the Spotify Karaoke feature then you’ll need to be patient as it may not have rolled out to your device yet.
So in the meantime check out our other Spotify guides such as how to use the Spotify equalizer to make your music sound better, how to make Spotify louder to crank that volume, how to upload music to Spotify, how to download songs in Spotify to listen to offline, and how to change your Spotify username.