Update: Both retailers are now sold out of stock. Make sure to follow our Xbox Series X restock tracker for updates on the next console drop.
Just in time for the weekend, Microsoft's Xbox Series S console is back in stock at GameStop and Best Buy. (Unfortunately, there is no Xbox Series X restock at the moment).
Currently, you can get the Xbox Series S for $299 at Best Buy. (If you see it sold out, try opening the link via an incognito Web browser). That's list price for the console and the only store that has the standalone console ready to ship at this moment. Or you can get an Xbox Series S with 3 Months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for $344 at GameStop.
Xbox Series S: $299 @ Best Buy
The next-gen Xbox Series S is limited to 1440p output, but still delivers fast loading, ray tracing, and high frame rates. It sports a GPU with up to 4 teraflops of output, 10GB of RAM, and a 512GB SSD for storage. (There's no disc drive). Best Buy now has it in stock. If you see it sold out, try opening the link via an incognito Web browser.
Xbox Series S bundle: $344 @ GameStop
GameStop has the Xbox Series S bundled with a 3-month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership. The subscription includes all the benefits of Xbox Live Gold, over 100 high-quality games, and access to EA Play at no additional cost.
In our Xbox Series S review, we noted that while less powerful than the Xbox Series X — the Xbox Series S still manages to impress.
Sure, games look better on the more powerful Xbox Series X, but the Xbox Series S still renders characters, backgrounds, and items gorgeously. In Yakuza: Like a Dragon, the Xbox Series X displayed sharper, more colorful advertisements on the streets of Yokohama, but character models were still rich and detailed on the Series S. Plus, the frame rate didn’t suffer from any appreciable slowdown on either platform.
In general, the Xbox Series S upscales content to 4K beautifully — and if you have a 1440p display, you won't need the upscaling at all.
If you still have your heart on the Xbox Series X, it's worth knowing that it is possible to beat the bots if you follow some of our restock cheat sheet. Also, make sure to follor our where to buy Xbox Series X coverage for the latest updates.
Check Xbox Series X|S stock at other retailers
- Best Buy: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock July 14)
- Walmart: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock August 12)
- Amazon: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock June 22)
- Dell: Xbox Series X (last restock August 5)
- Target: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last June 23)
- Microsoft: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock August 18)
- GameStop: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (restock August 17)
- Newegg: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock May 2)
- Adorama: Xbox Series X & Xbox Series S bundles (last restock July 16)
- Lenovo: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock March 16)
- Costco: Xbox Series X (last restock July 1)
- BJ's: Xbox Series X (last restock July 8)
- Kohl's: Xbox Series X (last restock April 21)
- Antonline: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock July 16)