15 Time-Saving Technology Tips

15 Time-Saving Technology Tips
Save 107 Minutes Per Day?

There’s no denying that life gets busier by the day. There’s so much to remember and accomplish, that most of us struggle to find enough time in the day to finish everything. So, we present this article: 15 small ideas that could shave seconds off your day. At most, we calculate that you could save 107 minutes per day by implementing each of these ideas. However, we understand that some of these won’t apply to your life, or you may already have thought of some of these ideas yourself. But, we’ll be satisfied that we did our job if you only find one tip to implement—and save just 5 minutes.

Please share your other ideas for using technology tricks to save time during the day.

Top Comments
    donovands , September 30, 2010 10:26 PM
    What, you can only save time with an iPhone? Place your Apple Zombie order here.
    victorintelr , October 1, 2010 5:21 AM
    Quote:

Quote:
    Most of our solutions are for browsers--on a computer. If you've got great ideas for time saving apps for Android, Blackberry, etc. please share them here.

15 time-saving technology tips??
    Yes and no....
    8 "solutions" for iPhone
    6 "solutions" for browsers
    1 other "solution" (adapter)
    I pretty much agree with donovands as I agree with Tomsguiderachel, over half of the "solutions" are for iPhone/iTouch though one of the solutions, is not only for iPhone (charger), and the other one uses a computer (evernote) and FORTUNATELY is not only for iPhone. In my opinion for this article to be a true "technology" article should be more varied, instead of being half of it dedicated to the iPhone. It's very used and many people have it, but is not the only one. When I read the title I expected everything but a half iPhone article. So most of the solutions for browser? not quite in this article. Sorry.
    At least I can take advantage of half of it.
    What a pity I'm not a Steve Jobs minion.....
    daglesj , October 1, 2010 12:28 PM
    Oh and I wasted 5 minutes over it. Thanks!
Other Comments
    donovands , September 30, 2010 10:26 PM
    magruder13 , October 1, 2010 1:55 AM
    victorintelr , October 1, 2010 5:21 AM
    Quote:

Quote:

15 time-saving technology tips??
    Yes and no....
    8 "solutions" for iPhone
    6 "solutions" for browsers
    1 other "solution" (adapter)
    At least I can take advantage of half of it.
    What a pity I'm not a Steve Jobs minion.....
    mayankleoboy1 , October 1, 2010 10:03 AM
    how much did you get from CRapple for this article?
    daglesj , October 1, 2010 12:27 PM
    Before I looked at the comments I thought "hohum yet another ass kissing ad-article for the iPhone!"

And I'm right.

Baaa Baaaa Baaaaa
    daglesj , October 1, 2010 12:28 PM
    Oh and I wasted 5 minutes over it. Thanks!
    jgutz2006 , October 1, 2010 1:42 PM
    magruder13There is a droid app for the last one, Its called "Where's my Droid" and I love it!

Love it, i've used it a few times to my delight! the dial your phone wont do any good if the phone is on vibrate so this little app is 2nd to none
    cadder , October 1, 2010 2:32 PM
    I found 5 items of interest to me. I'm going to check them out further.
    mactruck , October 1, 2010 2:50 PM
    I feel like my time has been wasted reading an article focusing half it's time-saving solutions on iphone-only apps. I would love to see Tom's save me time by clearly separating or labeling articles for iOS devices so I can avoid them altogether. Many other tech websites already do this as a courtesy to their readers, and it also helps to cut down on the comment trolling.

awood28211 , October 1, 2010 5:03 PM
    I'll never recoup the time of reading this apple centric app...while noticing that my own phone is android based.
    jazz84 , October 1, 2010 10:27 PM
    Yeesh, looking at most of the comments, seems like this was a clear swing and a miss...
    Anonymous , October 1, 2010 10:27 PM
    I like Toms Guide and check it frequently. However my time saving tip is to skip any of these articles on Tom's that are just a bunch of photos to click through. The download times on them is annoyingly slow...not that the pictures are big, but it seems that Tom's server can't respond quickly so that there is a long delay between frames that kills the buzz.
    g-thor , October 2, 2010 11:05 PM
    Honestly, I got to the 6th tip and then looked at the comments. By the 6th one it was already nothing more than iPhone tips to me. This was badly titled - in fact totally misleading, I expect better on Tom's.

Since I'm on a rant, I am tired of the media and common assumption of Apple ubiquity. I own an HTC Magic (brand name) but refer to it as an Android phone (the OS is what makes it work), not an iPhone. I own a Creative Zen Vision:M, not an iPod. I have nothing against Apple ot its products. I dislike the slack vocabulary used.
    Anonymous , October 3, 2010 3:33 AM
    i wasted 10min clicking thru your pictures....Google search defaults can be set in the top right corner. Dont need to click your way to Advanced Search and select 100....duh
    Giraffemonster , October 3, 2010 7:27 PM
    I don't have an iPhone. If you were going to make most "tips" revolve around the iPhone, you should have stated so earlier.
    sylvez , October 4, 2010 5:58 AM
    it will save me 5 minutes of my time if Toms stop using this crappy false-advertisment-views-generating slideshow thingamajig
    santfu , October 4, 2010 8:42 AM
    haha, 1 up all the above. This article was so bad its funny, plan 9 from outer space funny.
    Mark Heath , October 4, 2010 4:05 PM
    So that whoever bans the spammers might not perish, but be thanked by the community forever....
    sliem , October 4, 2010 6:40 PM
    Most don't apply if you don't have an iPhone.