Release date: December 19, 1997
Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet, Billy Zane, Kathy Bates, Frances Fisher
Director: James Cameron
Run time: 198 min
Near, far, wherever you are, you can watch Titanic online on Valentine's Day or any other day of the year. James Cameron's sweeping epic romance starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet is one of the biggest movies in history and is tied for the most Oscar wins of all time.
Watching Titanic online and on streaming is a much easier way to consume the film. Back in the days of yore, after its 1997 release, fans had to watch on two video tapes since the movie is so long (it runs three hours and 15 minutes).
- Best Amazon movies and TV shows to binge now
- Everything to know about To All the Boys: Always and Forever
- New TV shows airing this month
Titanic tells the story, based on real events, of the maiden voyage of the titular ship. The actual RMS Titanic sank in the early morning hours of April 15, 1912. The sinking is related through the fictionalized romance between Rose DeWitt Bukater, a high-society but impoverished young woman, and the roguish artist Jack Dawson.
Though they're from different worlds — and she has first class passage, while he's in steerage — they fall in love. And then, the unthinkable happens when the Titanic hits an iceberg.
The film takes place in two time periods, one with Rose and Jack on the Titanic and other with 100-year-old Rose on board an expedition ship seeking to unearth a treasure from the Titanic wreckage.
Here's everything you need to know about how to watch the Titanic online and on streaming.
How to watch Titanic online anywhere, with a VPN
If you're away from home and not able to access your usual streaming services, you can still watch Titanic online. With the right VPN (virtual private network), you can stream the movie from wherever you go.
Our best VPN pick is ExpressVPN. It meets the VPN needs of the vast majority of users, offering outstanding compatibility with most devices and impressive connection speeds. It's also affordable at $12.95 per month. (Signing up for longer periods of six months or a year reduces the cost even more.)
Our favorite VPN service, ExpressVPN, really shines thanks to its safety, speed and simplicity-to-use. It's also compatible with loads of devices - from iOS and Android to Roku, Apple TV and PlayStations. You'll even get an extra 3 months free if you sign up for a year, or there's a 30-day money-back guarantee if you just want to give it a try.
How to watch Titanic online with Amazon Prime Video
Titanic is streaming online at Starz. You can check out Starz with a 7-day free trial through Amazon Prime Video. After that, Starz costs $8.99 per month.
Starz on Amazon Prime Video has a great library of classic movies and recent blockbusters. And you get access to Starz original series, including Outlander, American Gods, The White Princess and Power. View Deal
You can also rent and purchase Titanic on Amazon Prime Video. Right now, the movie is on sale — $0.99 to rent and $6.99 to purchase.
Titanic is available through other digital retailers, including:
Is Titanic on Netflix?
Unfortunately, Titanic is not streaming on Netflix in the U.S.
However, Titanic is on Netflix in several other regions and countries, including Canada, Germany, South Korea and Switzerland.
Netflix subscribers from those countries who are abroad can get access to their service using the best Netflix VPN.
The cast of Titanic is led by Leonardo DiCaprio as struggling artist Jack Dawson and Kate Winslet as the upper-class Rose DeWitt Bukater.
They are joined by:
- Billy Zane as Cal Hockley, Rose's fiancé
- Frances Fisher as Ruth DeWitt Bukater, Rose's mother
- Gloria Stuart as Rose Dawson Calvert, the narrator and present-day Rose
- Bill Paxton as Brock Lovett, a treasure hunter in the present day
- Suzy Amis as Lizzy Calvert:, Rose's granddaughter
- Kathy Bates as Margaret "Molly" Brown, a first-class passenger
- Victor Garber as Thomas Andrews, the Titanic's builder
- Bernard Hill as Captain Edward John Smith, the Titanic's captain
- Eric Braeden as John Jacob Astor IV, a first-class passenger
- David Warner as Spicer Lovejoy, Cal's servant
- Danny Nucci as Fabrizio, Jack's Italian friend and steerage passenger
- Jason Barry as Tommy Ryan, an Irish passenger in steerage
- Ioan Gruffudd as Fifth Officer Harold Lowe, the leader of a lifeboat