It's finally time to watch Eternals online. Just like Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, Eternals, which first came out in Nov. 2021, was a theatrical exclusive. But now you can finally experience Marvel Studios' epic story of Earth before superheroes as we know them from the comfort of your own couch.
Release time and date: Eternals arrived on Disney Plus at 3 a.m. ET on Wednesday (Jan. 12).
Cast: Gemma Chan, Richard Madden, Angelina Jolie, Salma Hayek
Director: Chloé Zhao
Running time: 2 hours and 37 minutes
Marvel's Eternals is the story of what happens when ageless aliens (the Eternals) renew hostilities with the beasts (the Deviants) that they've been fighting for thousands of years. While these powerful beings have existed for years, they're being forced out of hiding in part because of the events of Avengers: Endgame.
Eternals tells its story across different periods of history, but in the present day the group's de-facto leaders are Sersi (Gemma Chan), whose touch can transform matter, and Ikaris (Richard Madden) — who feels an awful lot like Superman, as he can fly and blast lasers out of his eye.
I won't spoil the story (I was one of the folks who saw Eternals in theaters), but don't be surprised that Kumail Nanjiani is up to his old scene-stealing tricks as Kingo, an Eternal who hides in broad daylight as a Bollywood film star. Kingo and his valet Karun (Harish Patel) bring many needed laughs to the movie.
Here's everything to know about how and when to watch Eternals online!
How to watch Eternals on Disney Plus
You don't need to have an epic adventure to find Eternals. Eternals arrived on Disney Plus on Wednesday, Jan. 12 at 3 a.m. ET.
The film came out back on Nov. 5, 2021, but was a theatrical exclusive, as Disney Plus Premier Access seems to be on hold.
Disney Plus gives you access to the entire Disney vault of classics like Frozen, The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast as well as newer hits like The Mandalorian, Hamilton and more. Get the most value with the $13.99 bundle that throws in Hulu and ESPN Plus.
How to watch Eternals internationally
Disney Plus is available in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mauritius, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom, so it's not going to be tough to get access.
The Eternals cast is the kind of thing that comes with a spoiler, depending on where you look. We won't spill those beans, though. Here's the main cast of Eternals.
- Gemma Chan as Sersi, an Eternal who manipulates and transforms matter
- Kit Harington as Dane Whitman, a human who is dating Sersi
- Richard Madden as Ikaris, an Eternal who has the powers to fly and blast beams from his eyes
- Kumail Nanjiani as Kingo, an Eternal who blasts energy from his hands, and became a Bollywood film star
- Harish Patel as Karun, a human who is Kingo's valet
- Lia McHugh as Sprite, an Eternal who can create visual illusions, and who is permanently in the body of a 12-year-old child
- Brian Tyree Henry as Phastos, an Eternal with higher intelligence, which he uses to create weapons and technology
- Lauren Ridloff as Makkari, an Eternal with super speed, and who is also deaf
- Barry Keoghan as Druig, an Eternal who can manipulate others' minds
- Angelina Jolie as Thena, an Eternal who creates weapons out of energy
- Don Lee as Gilgamesh, a super-strong Eternal, and one who has a deep personal connection to Thena
- Salma Hayek as Ajak, an Eternal with healing powers