GameStop will have Xbox Series X restock in stores nationwide today (June 16). The retailer confirmed the event on the GameStop Twitter account over the weekend. Both the Xbox Series X and Series S will be in stock.
Console restocks have mostly occurred online. On a few occasions, gamers might have had to pick up their console in-store, but the actual purchasing of the console happened online. So this will be the first in-store-only Xbox Series X drop we've seen. It's a major announcement just as Prime Day deals start to ramp up.
Xbox Series X: $499 @ GameStop
The Xbox Series X is Microsoft's new flagship console. It features 12 teraflops of graphics power, 16GB of RAM, 1TB SSD, and Blu-ray drive. It runs games at 4K resolution and 60 frames per second with a max of 8K at 120 fps. The Editor's Choice console represents the pinnacle of Microsoft's gaming efforts. GameStop is currently out of stock, but will have the console available in-store today.
Xbox Series S: $299 @ GameStop
The more affordable next-gen Xbox Series S is limited to 1440p output, but still delivers fast loading, ray tracing, and high frame rates. It sports a GPU with up to 4 teraflops of output, 10GB of RAM, and a 512GB SSD for storage. (There's no disc drive). GameStop is currently out of stock, but will have the console available in-store on today.
Xbox Series X restock tracker — where to look
- Best Buy: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock June 3)
- Walmart: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock May 20)
- Amazon: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock April 21)
- Target: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last May 27)
- Microsoft: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock June 8)
- GameStop: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (restock May 26)
- Newegg: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock May 2)
- Adorama: Xbox Series X & Xbox Series S bundles
- Lenovo: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock March 16)
- Costco: Xbox Series X (last restock June 1)
- BJ's: Xbox Series X (last restock May 12)
- Kohl's: Xbox Series X (last restock April 21)
- Antonline: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (last restock June 14)
GameStop restock — tips and tricks
GameStop hasn't released precise details on how this restock event will work. Nor has it stated how many consoles stores will have. Nevertheless, it's fair to say hardcore gamers will probably form a line at local GameStop stores extremely early, so you'll likely need to get down to your chosen store before opening.
Keep in mind that the last most GameStop restocks have offered bundles in place of standalone consoles. The bundles have includes games, an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 3-month membership, and a GameStop gift card. This may also be the case with this in-store restock.
What to do if you miss out
As with their previous Xbox Series X restocks, these units will sell out fast. So if you miss out don't worry. There will be other restock events in the future. Also, make sure to follow our where to buy Xbox Series X guide for up to the minute news on the latest restocks.