The holidays are roughly two weeks out and if you're wondering where to buy Xbox Series X — we've got some good news. Inventory of the Xbox Series S is expected in the next few hours.
Retailer Newegg has confirmed via tweet that it will have the Xbox Series S console w/ Xbox Core Controller on sale for $349.98 on Wednesday, December 9 at 7 p.m. ET. That's $10 cheaper than buying both separately.
Xbox Series S: for $349 @ Newegg
Get ready. Newegg will have stock of the Xbox Series S on December 9 at 7 p.m. ET. The bundle gets you the console and the Xbox Core Controller. In addition, Newegg will have stock of the Xbox Series X sometime next week. (No specific date was mentioned). We expect the Series S to sell out fast, so set your alarm for a few minutes before 7 p.m. tonight.
The Xbox Series S is the less expensive and less powerful version of the Xbox Series X. In terms of hardware, it sports a GPU with up to 4 teraflops of output, 10GB of RAM, 512 GB SSD storage and no disc drive at all. It also has a max resolution of 1440p for games.
In our Xbox Series S review, we found that despite its hardware limitations, the Xbox Series S still rendered characters, backgrounds and items gorgeously. The Series S also upscales content to 4K beautifully — and if you have a 1440p display, you won't need the upscaling at all.
Demand for this console is at an all-time high, so be ready to act fast at the stroke of 7 p.m.
Where to buy Xbox Series X: Quick links
- Walmart: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S (in-stock alerts for both models)
- Amazon: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S
- Target: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S
- Microsoft: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S
- Best Buy: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S
- GameStop: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S
- Newegg: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S
- Adorama: Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S bundles
- Lenovo: Xbox Series X | Xbox Series S