Prime Day will be done in a few hours, but the deals aren't gone yet. Amazon has big discounts on on all sorts of Apple laptops for Prime Day, with both new and old models getting sweet sales prices. And Amazon's not the only place to find MacBook bargains with BestBuy offering discounts to match.
These deals on MacBook Pro and MacBook Air laptops are among the best we've seen all year, and they haven't sold out yet. If you want to score a new MacBook at a bargain price, you've only got a few hours left to do so.
Prime Day MacBook deals – best sales right now
- MacBook Air 2020 (256GB): was $999 now $849 @ Amazon (opens in new tab)
- MacBook Air 2020: was $1,299 now $1,199 @ Amazon (opens in new tab)
- MacBook Air 2020 (512GB): was $1,699 now $1,499 @ Best Buy (opens in new tab)
- MacBook Pro 13.3" (2020): was $1,799 now $1,699 @ Amazon (opens in new tab)
Best Prime Day MacBook deals right now
MacBook Air 2020 (256GB): was $999 now $849 @ Amazon (opens in new tab)
The new MacBook Air sports a Core i3-1005G1 CPU, 8GB of RAM, and a 256GB SSD. It also features Apple's new Magic Keyboard, which utilizes keys that actually feel great to type on. It's $100 off, plus another $50 discounted at checkout.
MacBook Air 2020 (512GB): was $1,299 now $1,199 @ Amazon (opens in new tab)
This MacBook Air config upgrades you to a Core i5 CPU and a 512GB SSD. In additional to the reduced price of $1,199 — one of the lowest prices we've seen for this MacBook Air — Amazon says it will take off another $49 at checkout.
MacBook Air 2020 (512GB): was $1,699 now $1,499 @ Best Buy (opens in new tab)
Get the little MacBook Air 2020 with big storage with the 512GB model at Best Buy, where it's selling for $200 off the regular price. It's the same svelte 13-inch Air we already love, but now with a half terabyte of SSD storage, and it's selling for just $1,499.
MacBook Pro 13.3" (2020): was $1,799 now $1,699 @ Amazon (opens in new tab)
Apple offers four configurations of its new 2020 MacBook Pro 13.3-inch laptop. There are two configs with 8th-gen CPUs and two configs with 10th-gen CPUs. This model is the base MacBook Pro with a 10th-gen CPU. It houses a 2GHz Core i5 CPU, 16GB of RAM, 512GB SSD, and four Thunderbolt 3 ports.
Prime Day MacBook deals — MacBook Pro
The 13-inch MacBook Pro has a 13.3 inch retina display, can be configured with up to a quad-core Intel Core i7 processor, 16 GB of memory and as much as two terabytes of storage. With a Touch Bar and Touch ID, the Apple MacBook Pro is one of the most versatile laptops on the market.
The 13-inch MacBook Pro normally starts at $1,299 with a quad-core Intel Core i5 processor, 8GB of RAM and 256GB of SSD storage. But with the coming sales event, we expect to see prices dip, and higher configurations to be available at better prices.
In addition to a larger screen, the 16-inch model boasts more capable hardware across the board, configurable with 8-core Intel Core i9 processors, up to 64 gigabytes of RAM, and a whopping 8 TB of storage.
And if you're still using a 15-in MacBook pro from years past, the 16-in packs that larger display into the same sleek 15-in profile. So the screen size has changed, but the standard MacBook pro dimensions have not, meaning it will work with whatever laptop bag, sleeve, or snap on case you've used with other 15-in MacBooks.
Prime Day MacBook deals — MacBook Air
Apple's cheapest MacBook is the 13-inch MacBook Air, a slim ultraportable that is also the most affordable member of the MacBook family. With a starting price of $999, it fares pretty well even when matched against the MacBook Pro. (See MacBook Air vs Pro: What's the best MacBook?)
The MacBook Air is available only in a 13-inch size, with a 13.3 inch Retina Display, up to a four-core Intel Core i7 processor, as much as 16GB of RAM and up to 2TB of storage. The MacBook Air has Touch ID for secured signing on and authentication, but does not have the Touch Bar seen on the MacBook Pro — an omission some may see as a selling point.
Prime Day MacBook deals — Best Buy & Walmart
Amazon may get the spotlight on Prime Day, but other retailers are working hard to grab some of that attention for themselves.
Walmart will run its own major sales during the two days of Prime Day (called the Big Save event), and Best Buy has stepped up the sales competition by launching Black Friday sales in mid-October. For Apple products, Best Buy is another one of our go-to stores. These competing sales will go head-to-head against Amazon all through Prime Day.
Shop the best Prime Day sales at Amazon
- Amazon devices: save on Fire TVs, Alexa speakers, Kindles (opens in new tab)
- Apple deals: save on AirPods, Apple Watch, more (opens in new tab)
- Beauty deals: deals from $4 on Revlon, Maybelline, and more (opens in new tab)
- Bedding & bath: deals on comforters, shower curtains, and mattresses (opens in new tab)
- Clothing: save on Calvin Klein, Dickies, Timberland, and more (opens in new tab)
- Fitness: save on Gaiam, Bowflex, Nautilus, and more (opens in new tab)
- Furniture: deals on office chairs, nightstands, and dressers (opens in new tab)
- Halloween decor: deals on costumes, candy, and decor (opens in new tab)
- Headphones: deals from $8 (opens in new tab)
- TV sales: deals from $115 (opens in new tab)
- Laptops: save on MacBooks, Chromebooks, and Windows machines (opens in new tab)
- Lego toys: up to 30% off Lego sets (opens in new tab)
- Mattresses: deals on Casper, Serta, Tuft & Needle (opens in new tab)
- Office chairs: deals from $39 (opens in new tab)
- Pet food/supplies: up to 40% off food and treats (opens in new tab)
- Snacks: up to 35% off Quaker, Starbucks, Lay's, and more (opens in new tab)
- Snow boots: save on Columbia, Sorel, Uggs, and more (opens in new tab)
- Tablets: save on Apple, Samsung, Fire HD, more (opens in new tab)
- Whole Foods at Amazon: up to 45% off for Prime members (opens in new tab)
- Winter apparel: coats from $39 (opens in new tab)