Americans can now obtain an additional four free at-home Covid-19 tests. Earlier this year, the Biden administration launched a website (https://www.covidtests.gov) that allowed Americans to order a maximum of four free at-home Covid-19 tests.
As of March 2022, U.S. households that already received a package of tests from the site are eligible to request a new package of tests.The rapid antigen tests can give results within 30 minutes. (No lab drop-off is required). The tests ship free via the United States Postal Service.
At-home Covid-19 tests: 4-pack for free @ USPS (opens in new tab)
All U.S. households can now order an additional four free at-home Covid-19 tests. The tests will ship for free via the United States Postal Service.
If you're enrolled in a private health insurance plan, you can get reimbursed for any tests you purchase online or in-store. (Make sure to check out our guide on where to buy Covid-19 tests). Keep in mind that different insurers may have different rules on how to get reimbursed, so you'll want to check your private health insurance before making any purchases.
Where to purchase at-home Covid-19 tests online
- Amazon: iHealth, DxTerrity, Amazon, and more (opens in new tab)
- CVS: PCR/Rapid antigen tests available from Pixel, QuickVue, Abbot (opens in new tab)
- Sam's Club: On-Go and BinaxNow (opens in new tab)
- Target: EverlyWell and ellume (opens in new tab)
- Walgreens: BinaxNow and QuickVue (opens in new tab)
- Walmart: Simplicity, DxTerrity, BinaxNow, QuickVue, more (opens in new tab)