40 Best Free Apps for iPhone

40 Best Free Apps for iPhone
By , John Corpuz
Best Free iPhone Apps

With more than 1 million apps available for download through iTunes, it can be a daunting to determine which ones are worth your time and money. For every killer app there are numerous pointless ones, from an entertainment and utilitarian point of view. That's true even of the many free apps available for iPhone. Even if you're not paying, you'll still spend time downloading and trying out new software, endeavoring to find the best fit for you.

So, here's our list of recommendations — a selection of 40 free apps that are worth the time you'll spend downloading them. Not satisfied with our list? Feel free to share suggestions through the comments below. We'll update this list regularly as new and better—but still free!—apps come to our attention.

dcompart , July 21, 2011 1:46 PM
    skipper86i love Pocket Legend.. it rocks...! :-)http://www.reginout.com/

Agreed, I like that I can get coins through the App Tap rewards... I do however hate that they took away buying potions with the in game coins, it's like I earned all this $$$ killing things and I can't but potions with it now? A person shouldn't have to Pay real money for potions when other games almost annoy you with them dropping all the time.
    dcompart , July 21, 2011 1:46 PM
    "Mint" should be on the list! it is by far the best Finance app out there!
    andyman30 , November 24, 2011 7:48 PM
    morfo isnt free....
    jaquith , May 4, 2012 12:33 PM
    IMDB - If you love movies and want to know more about them then I highly recommend Internet Movie DataBase
    AP Mobile - One of the best News apps out there.
    Pandora - Free streaming music.

Free apps - you may already have a subscription examples:
    Netflix, HBO GO, MAX GO, Showtime, - IF you have the subscriptions.

Frankly, there's a boatload of apps that are great.
    schnitter , September 14, 2012 6:12 PM
    I can't be bothered clicking NEXT NEXT NEXT 40 times. Make it 5 per page at least.
    alexthager , September 14, 2012 7:34 PM
    dcompart"Mint" should be on the list! it is by far the best Finance app out there!

It is.

unknown9122 , April 13, 2013 7:07 AM
    I dont recommend Moves. It is a great app but kills battery life.
    clan00 , November 8, 2013 7:13 PM
    I use Evernote and Pocket. As a big fan of TV Shows (movies at times), I also use Player Xtreme, don't like VLC. Ha, which video player apps are u using?
    aggieyq , November 13, 2013 1:39 AM
    I must recommend this software for data recovery,because,the last month ,my piciures were gone from my ipone,i was so crazy,and my friended recommended me this recovery,i download it from this site,if necessary,you can have a try.http://www.easeus.com/mobile-tool/free-iphone-data-recovery.html
    hemanti , January 17, 2014 3:40 AM
    I think instafusion is a gre8 app to edit photos....
    bonjoseph85 , March 29, 2014 4:48 AM
    I think you might also use my favourite iphone app for photo editing, once go with https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imalize/id826310284?mt=8
    Hemanti Kumari , April 11, 2014 2:54 AM
    Make your image look creative in seconds through effection app... i just love this app...