Update: The latest Amazon PS5 restock is now over. Check our PS5 restock hub for the retailers to check for inventory next and make sure you're an Amazon Prime member in case of further Amazon drops in the coming weeks.
Amazon (opens in new tab) is holding a PS5 restock right now but you'll need to be a Prime member in order to purchase the console right now. Once signed in to your Prime account navigate to the PS5 listing page using the links below and press "see all buying options" and the option to purchase from Amazon should appear at the top.
Amazon updated its PS5 listing page earlier today which is usually a good indication of a forthcoming drop, but it was also confirmed that today's restock would operate a little differently than usual. After trialing priority access for Prime members in the U.K. it Amazon has brought the perk to U.S. Prime subscribers as well.
Amazon PS5 restock: Quick links
PS5: check stock @ Amazon (opens in new tab)
Sony's flagship gaming machine, the PS5 is one of the most in-demand tech products currently available. For good reason: this powerful console boasts 4K visuals, an innovative DualSense controller, and a 4K Blu-ray drive. Amazon is currently sold out of PS5.
The PS5 listing page on Amazon was updated today to include the message “Amazon Prime customers will have priority access to the PlayStation 5 until September 21, 2021.” This very interesting addition to the listing page was first spotted by stock tracking account @GYXdeals (opens in new tab).
This notification confirmed that not only would Amazon Prime members get early access to purchasing the PlayStation 5 console, but also that the next restock of the console would likely happen today (September 21). This proved to be very much the case as Amazon is now holding a PS5 restock exclusively for Prime members.
Amazon isn’t the first retailer to offer an early access window to PS5 restocks for premium subscribers. GameStop has been offering PowerUp Reward Pro members exclusive access to restocks for the last few months. The system seems to have worked well for GameStop and has deterred scalpers, so we’re pleased to see it being implemented at Amazon.
If you’d rather buy a PS5 without needing to sign up to Amazon Prime, then make sure to bookmark our PS5 restock hub. This comprehensive guide is updated daily with the latest restock information and tips as we get them and covers every major retailer.
How to get early access to Amazon PS5 restock
Getting early access to the next Amazon PS5 restock is pretty simple: sign up for Amazon Prime. For $12.99 a month ($119 annually) you’ll get a range of benefits including free shipping and access to the Prime Video streaming service not to mention the all-important priority access to the next PS5 restock. You can sign up below, and there’s even a 30-day free trial of the service available so it won’t cost you anything.
How to buy a PS5 at Amazon
There isn’t a guaranteed formula for success when it comes to securing a PS5 during an Amazon restock, but there are a few things you can do to tip the odds in your favor.
Firstly, make sure you have an Amazon account set up ahead of time with your address information and payment details pre-saved. Getting stock in your basket is only half the battle, once you’ve managed that it’s a race to complete check out. If you’re stuck entering your card number and zip code, odds are the console will sell out while you’re typing away.
There is a slightly odd Amazon trick that has been proven to make checking out with a PS5 easier. By placing the console in your wish list ahead of time when it is restocked you can add to your cart from there. This allows you to bypass the listing page, which practically always crashes due to overwhelming traffic.
Using this trick you can typically get stock in your basket the minute the restock is live, and that gives you a pretty sizeable advantage over the people who are stuck trying to refresh the actual PS5 listing page in hopes of getting it to work.
Just make sure you have the PS5 in your wish list ahead of time, as you can still add it even when the console is sold out. Do this well before the restock happens in order to make use of this trick. Trying to add the console to your wish list during a stock drop will usually lead to the website spinning out an error message.
We tested this method ourselves during an Xbox Series X restock and can confirm that it does in fact work. We managed to get the Series X in our basket four times, whereas we couldn’t get the console in our basket once through the listing page as it kept crashing.
Also, make sure to keep our guide on PS5 restock bookmarked, as we’ll update it with any additional information on the latest Amazon PS5 restock the minute we get it.
PS5 restock tracker — stores to check
- Walmart: PS5 (opens in new tab) | PS5 Digital Edition (opens in new tab) (last restock August 25)
- Best Buy: PS5 (opens in new tab) | PS5 Digital Edition (opens in new tab) (last restock August 12)
- GameStop: PS5 (opens in new tab) | PS5 Digital Edition (opens in new tab) (last restock September 14)
- Amazon: PS5 (opens in new tab) | PS5 Digital Edition (opens in new tab) (last restock September 2)
- Dell: PS5 (opens in new tab) | PS5 Digital Edition (opens in new tab) (last restock August 25)
- Target: PS5 (opens in new tab) | PS5 Digital Edition (opens in new tab) (last restock September 10)
- Sony: PS5 (opens in new tab) | PS5 Digital Edition (opens in new tab) (last restock September 17)
- Newegg: PS5 (opens in new tab) | PS5 Digital Edition (opens in new tab) (last restock April 29)
- Kohl's: PS5 (opens in new tab) (last restock April 21)
- Adorama: PS5 (opens in new tab) | PS5 Digital Edition (opens in new tab) | Bundles (opens in new tab)
- Costco: PS5 (opens in new tab) | PS5 Digital Edition (opens in new tab) (last restock April 22)
- Antonline: PS5 (opens in new tab) | PS5 Digital Edition (opens in new tab) (last restock September 16)
- Sam's Club: PS5 (opens in new tab) (last restock August 12)