If you're looking for a quick and easy way to listen to that Kindle book you just got, look no further than Alexa.
The intelligent assistant can read aloud certain Kindle titles to you, and while it may not match the skills of a human narrator, it's might be an option if there isn't an audiobook available, or if you're just looking to catch up on your current book while doing the dishes.
While you can simply ask Alexa to read you a certain book, here's how to access the same feature via the Alexa app.
1. Open the Alexa app.
2. Tap the Menu button in the top left.
3. Select "Music, Video, & Books."
4. Scroll down and tap Kindle under the Books heading.
5. Select a book from the list of available Kindle titles that Alexa can read. If you're not taken to the playback screen immediately, tap the Now Playing button in the bottom right (it looks like an equalizer).
6. Tap Queue in the top center of the Alexa app to jump to a particular chapter. Here, you can also pause playback, or skip back or ahead by thirty seconds using the playback controls. If you don’t want to use the app, or can’t reach your phone, you can issue the same command via voice.
7. Tap on the chapter you want to play.