Given that Quordle is like Wordle but a lot harder, we do not judge anyone searching for the daily Quordle answers for game #316. Or rather 'answers' plural, as Quordle has four solutions to find each day.
If you've not played it yet, you should — it offers four times the fun of the original viral word game. But it's arguably more than four times as difficult, as you only have nine guesses to find the quartet of words. (Sometimes, today's Wordle answer is harder.)
Like Wordle, it also resets each day, so if you miss one game you'll have no way of knowing what the previous daily Quordle answers were. Well, unless you bookmark this page, in which case you'll be able to check today's Quordle answers at your leisure, as I'll be updating it each morning.
But be warned: Spoilers lie ahead for game #316 so only read on if you want to know today's Quordle answers! And please don't use this page to cheat and pretend to others that you got it right when you didn't really. That would be a misuse of our hard work.
Today's Quordle hints, game #316, Tuesday, December 6
Before we get on to today's Quordle answers, we'll give you a few hints to guide you in the right direction. We'll give you three starter clues, then one big hint at the end. And after that we'll tell you the answers, promise.
So, here are your starter clues:
- All five vowels are used.*
- Two answers have a repeated letter.
- Two answers start with the same letter.
* By vowel, we mean A, E, I, O, U. There are other letters that are sometimes considered to be vowels, depending on how they are used.
The daily Quordle answers for game #316 are quite tricky, but here's another clue to give you an advantage with one of them: One of the Quordle answers is perfect for sweater season.
Still stuck? Then let's move on to the answers.
Today's Quordle answers, game #316, Tuesday, December 6
So, what are today's Quordle answers for game #316?
I won't make you wait any longer — here you go:
The daily Quordle answers for game #316 weren't too troublesome, so I finished with a pretty ordinary score of 3-4-6-8.
As usual, I began with two start words: RAISE and COUNT. I start every Quordle with both, as they have all five vowels and five of the most common consonants.
Today, they proved my strategy. They gave me three green letters and one yellow in the top right square. Considering the 'R' had to go in the third or fourth slot, it didn't take me long to arrive at CARAT.
My start words also netted me all five letters, albeit yellow, in the bottom right box. All it took was a bit of rearranging for me to land on TUNIC.
From there, I moved over to the bottom left square, where I now had three green letters. Not many options remained, considering what was present on the board. My first idea was TODAY, which seemed likely as 'Y' is such a common end letter. Alas, it was wrong. But it did point me to the right answer, TOTAL.
I turned my attention to the final puzzle. I figured the word ended in 'ER,' with the 'I' in second position. I scanned the available letters and came up with FIBER. Oh so close! For a moment, though, I hesitated between FIVER and FIXER. I wasn't sure if FIVER, which I thought was slang for a five dollar bill, would be in the Quordle dictionary. So I went with FIXER and it was correct.
With that, I had all four answers. Hopefully, you did, too.
Previous Quordle answers
If you're looking for a list of older Quordle answers, we can also help. Here's a list going back 20 games.
- Quordle #315: MERCY, POPPY, TESTY, DRYLY
- Quordle #314: NASAL, CREPT, PRONG, HURRY
- Quordle #313: SNOWY, IMBUE, OCTET, GROUP
- Quordle #312: ALOFT, PRICE, SLYLY, HITCH
- Quordle #311: MINTY, BUSED, DRIED, AGILE
- Quordle #310: COVEN, AFOOT, ENEMY, MIGHT
- Quordle #309: HOLLY, MARSH, EXILE, COMMA
- Quordle #308: PUPIL, DADDY, EVOKE, THEIR
- Quordle #307: BEGET, EGRET, BLARE, CLOSE
- Quordle #306: QUOTH, DANCE, ASCOT, CIRCA
- Quordle #305: TROOP, HOTLY, UMBRA, TURBO
- Quordle #304: CLERK, WATER, RARER, DUCHY
- Quordle #303: BOOTH, DEUCE, ROAST, PROVE
- Quordle #302: TIGHT, ISLET, AGONY, PASTE
- Quordle #301: WHOOP, CELLO, FIEND, BULKY
- Quordle #300: BALER, AMAZE, SPICY, SEGUE
- Quordle #299: CADDY, SHOAL, BUDGE, STRIP
- Quordle #298: STOKE, APART, STEAD, ROUGH
- Quordle #297: SHUSH, MIRTH, SKULL, BURST
- Quordle #296: CHUCK, WHARF, PROXY, WRECK
What else should I know about Quordle?
Quordle is one of the many Wordle clones to have arrived in the wake of Wordle's huge success. It's essentially the same game, but you play four versions of it simultaneously and have nine attempts to guess all the answers.
The letters behave as they do in Wordle, turning green if they're in the right place, yellow if they're in the word but in the wrong location, and gray if they're not included in the answer at all.
A nice extra is that though there's only set puzzle per day, a practice mode is also included. And you might well need it, because it's pretty difficult.