Leave it to Amazon's biggest rival to steal the Prime Day spotlight, albeit temporarily.
Walmart is celebrating its own version of Prime Day a few days early with a massive sale on our favorite Google Home devices.
Walmart's Google sale has been ongoing all summer, but this week it's gone into full throttle with some of the best discounts we've seen yet.
Headlining the sale is the Google Home Mini, which is selling for $34 ($15 off). Just a few weeks ago Walmart had it for $39, so you're saving an extra $5. If you're a fan of Google's streaming devices, the rarely discounted Chromecast Ultra is now $49 ($20 off). The 4K streamer broadcasts gorgeous 4K HDR video and is an excellent addition if you're already invested in the Google ecosystem. Other noteworthy deals include:
- Home Mini for $34 ($15 off)
- Chromecast Ultra for $49 ($20 off)
- Home Mini + Chromecast for $59 ($15 off)
- Home Mini 2-Pack for $68 ($30 off)
- Google Home for $99 ($30 off)
- Google Pixelbook for $839 ($160 off, Core i5/8GB/128GB)
- Google Pixelbook for $1,056.99 ($143 off, Core i5/8GB/256GB)
- Google Pixelbook for $1,499 ($150 off, Core i7/16GB/512GB)
Amazon doesn't sell any Google Home devices, so chances are these prices will be stable, since Walmart has no incentive to price match. However, Amazon does have the Pixelbooks on sale at the same prices. As a result, there's a chance the Pixelbooks may get cheaper next week on Prime Day, so keep that mind before you pull the trigger.
You can keep up to date on all of Prime Day's best deals by following our 24/7 Prime Day coverage
- Best Prime Day Deals 2018
- Best TV Deals on Prime Day 2018 (So Far)
- Best Gaming Deals on Prime Day 2018 (So Far)