Once upon a time, all it required to jailbreak your Apple device was to simply visit a webpage and hit the go button. Since then, the jailbreaking process has ranged between as simple as that to building a custom firmware package for a full software restore.
Now, thanks to the work of iPhone hacker comex, the JailbreakMe.com website is back and is able to jailbreak the following devices:
- iPad1: 4.3 through 4.3.3
- iPad2: 4.3.3
- iPhone3GS: 4.3 through 4.3.3
- iPhone4: 4.3 through 4.3.3
- iPhone4-CDMA: 4.2.6 through 4.2.8
- iPod touch 3g: 4.3, 4.3.2, 4.3.3
- iPod touch 4g: 4.3 through 4.3.3
The exploit once again takes advantage of a PDF security vulnerability in order to inject the jailbreak code. Apple will no doubt patch this hole, perhaps even before the release of iOS 5.