Prime Day is officially here. However, you don't need lightning-fast reflexes to ensure you get the Prime Day deals you want. There are many ways to keep up with Amazon's rapid pace of deals and one of the best methods is via Amazon's shopping app. The app lets you watch deals from your smartphone and it's a great tool to add to your arsenal.
Available for Android and iOS, the app notifies you when there are deals on the products you select. It's worth noting that this feature doesn't work on all Amazon products; it's only available for some. Setting up an alert is easy. Here's how.
- From the app's main dashboard, tap the menu icon (lower right hand) and choose "Settings."
- Click on "Notifications"
- Scroll down to "Your Watched & Waitlisted Deals." Make sure that the toggle button next to this option is set to on. (It'll turn orange when you've activated it).
- To start watching deals, go back to the main homepage and select "shop deals."
- Tap on the "Upcoming" tab, and select the "Watch this deal" button below the products you want to watch.
- You can see the items added to your watch list by clicking the "Watching" column.
- To stop watching a deal, just click the "Watching" tab again and the app will stop watching it.
- Keep in mind that not all deals have a "Watch this deal" option.
Another option is to use CamelCamelCamel. This site tracks the price history of most products sold on Amazon. You can have it send you a notification (via e-mail, Twitter, or RSS feed) when an item's price drops below a certain point. For instance, you can have it warn you if the AirPods drop below $99. Alternatively, you can download its extension, the Camelizer, and create alerts via the extension.
Want to keep track of other great Prime Day deals? Make sure to visit our Prime Day deals page for the latest news on all things Prime Day.
Get the BEST of Tom’s Guide daily right in your inbox: Sign up now!
Upgrade your life with the Tom’s Guide newsletter. Subscribe now for a daily dose of the biggest tech news, lifestyle hacks and hottest deals. Elevate your everyday with our curated analysis and be the first to know about cutting-edge gadgets.
As deals editor at Tom’s Guide, Louis is constantly looking for ways to avoid paying full price for the latest gadgets. With over 10 years of deals-hunting experience, Louis price checks against multiple retailers and searches high and low for the best deals to bring readers. A born-and-bred New Yorker, Louis is also an avid swimmer and marathoner. His work has appeared on Gizmodo, CNET, and Time Out New York.