Update: GameStop is now sold out of consoles. However, a Walmart PS5 restock has been confirmed for Cyber Monday. Make sure to follow our PS5 restock and Xbox Series X hubs for news on the next update. Also, follow our Cyber Monday deals coverage for any surprise restocks.
GameStop has been offering a wide range of Black Friday deals this week, but it’s saved its best promotion for Thanksgiving day. While it’s not technically a deal, GameStop is hosting a PS5 restock and Xbox Series X restock in-store today from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
This in-store drop was confirmed via Twitter and comes after a not-so cryptic post earlier in the week that teased next-gen console drops would be taking place this week. We had originally expected these restocks to be held on Black Friday itself, but it seems that GameStop has decided the ideal Thanksgiving treat is the chance to queue up outside a physical retail store.
Select GameStop stores will be opening later today AND will have a limited number of PS5, Xbox Series X, and Switch console bundles in stock. Find a participating store near you: https://t.co/bCcE24aYrz pic.twitter.com/Bs9pwumLcsNovember 25, 2021
GameStop has confirmed that this drop will only be held in “select stores” only, and you can use its website tool to locate your nearest store with stock. It appears that both the PS5 restock and Xbox Series X restock will be held simultaneously with stock being handed out from 5 p.m. ET. The restock will last until 9 p.m. ET, although we expect that the retailer’s allocation will be snapped up long before then.
If the chance to PS5 or Xbox Series X wasn’t enough, GameStop will also have limited stock of the Nintendo Switch Black Friday Bundle. This $299 package comes with a Switch console, a digital copy of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and three months of Nintendo Switch Online. This bundle was previously available online at the likes of Best Buy, Walmart and Amazon but has since sold out.
GameStop’s latest opportunity to buy a next-gen console comes at the perfect time. Right now there's an enticing range of Black Friday PS5 deals, Black Friday Xbox Series X deals and Nintendo Switch Black Friday deals running across multiple retailers. These offers give you the chance to get a whole range of games and accessories for these in-demand consoles at significantly reduced prices.
If you don’t manage to secure a next-gen console in today's GameStop restock, make sure to bookmark our PS5 restock and Xbox Series X restock hubs for the latest updates throughout the holiday season. We can't guarantee they'll get you a machine, but they will certainly make the job of tracking down a restock much easier.
PS5 restock tracker — stores to check
- Walmart: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock November 22)
- Best Buy: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock November 18)
- GameStop: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock November 25)
- Amazon: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock November 23)
- Dell: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock August 25)
- Target: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock November 19)
- Sony: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock November 22)
- Newegg: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock April 29)
- Kohl's: PS5 (last restock April 21)
- Adorama: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition | Bundles
- Costco: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock November 10)
- Antonline: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock October 28)
- Sam's Club: PS5 (last restock November 20)
- Verizon: PS5 | PS5 Digital Edition (last restock November 17)