VPN A Twitch VPN allows viewers and streamers alike to upgrade their Twitch experience by reducing network throttling and even evading bans.
Taiwanese chipmaker MediaTek says it has demonstrated the first devices using the next wireless networking standard, Wi-Fi 7, to industry insiders.
Millions of home Wi-Fi routers, including models made by D-Link, Netgear and TP-Link, seem to be affected by a serious flaw that could let hackers remotely hijack the devices.
The best routers we saw at CES 2022 include a mesh system, scary-looking gaming routers and one unique device that has moving antennas to better focus wireless signals.
Linksys at CES 2022 launched the Hydra Pro 6 Wi-Fi router, which offers Wi-Fi 6 speed and reliability for a reasonable price.
TP-Link's new Archer AXE200 Omni home Wi-Fi router has four rounded antennas that move as connected devices change position around the home.
Google plans to end all support for its OnHub routers by the end of 2022, after which users won't even be able to manage the devices.
The Linksys Hydra Pro 6E is less expensive than most Wi-Fi 6e routers, but you'll give up some performance for that savings.
The Netgear Nighthawk AX6 (RAX50) combines high-speed operations with great security, but it's pricey.
Netgear released urgent security fixes for 35 different models of Wi-Fi routers and range extenders, patching flaws that could let hackers totally hijack devices.
Nine high-end Wi-Fi routers selected as the best by a prominent tech magazine contain numerous serious security flaws, a study finds.
Netgear pushed out firmware updates for more than 40 routers and Wi-Fi range extenders to fix a very serious security flaw, but nearly 40 more devices may not get updates.
Millions of home Wi-Fi routers, including some from Linksys, D-Link and Netgear, are being targeted by a new strain of malware.
An Israeli researcher was able to 'crack' the Wi-Fi passwords for 70% of home and business networks using cheap tools. Here's how to make sure you're part of the other 30%.
The Netgear Orbi Quad-Band Mesh WiFi 6E router offers mind-numbing speeds and advanced features come at a hefty price.
At least 11 different Netgear Nighthawk home Wi-Fi router models are vulnerable to attack, thanks to a flaw in third-party software.
Google Wifi is easy to use, more affordable than competing mesh routers and delivers solid performance (if you get the three-pack).
Routers, range extenders and Wi-Fi adapters from at least 65 different manufacturers are being attacked by cybercriminals, and fixes aren't yet available for most of the vulnerable devices.
Worried that someone is using your Wi-Fi network without your permission? Here's how to detect intruders, so you can disconnect them.
Want to change your Wi-Fi password, or set up a guest Wi-Fi network? You need to access your router's settings — here's how.
Millions of home Wi-Fi routers around the world are under attack from botnet malware, days after a firmware flaw was publicly disclosed.
Home gateway routers often reveal their users' addresses on the internet, thanks to an unwise formatting decision made more than 20 years ago.
The Netgear Orbi RBK752 offers a cheaper way to get an Orbi mesh system with Wi-Fi 6, but the savings come with diminished performance and shorter range, making it ideal for mid-sized homes.
The Netgear Nighthawk RAXE500 sets a new standard for high-performance Wi-Fi, offering the first router with Wi-Fi 6e.
The Asus RT-AX86U uses Wi-Fi 6 to deliver great performance at a reasonable price, making it the router to beat for gaming and everything else.
With Wi-Fi 6 speeds and a slew of top-shelf features, the Netgear Nighthawk XR1000 is one of the best gaming routers we've ever seen