Today's Heardle answer is an easy one if you're of a certain age or into a particular kind of music — but could be difficult otherwise. If you play Heardle, you'll know what I mean.
Haven't played the game before? It's one of the best Wordle alternatives and clones, but rather than making you guess five-letter words, it gives you six chances to identify a song from a 15-second intro. Heardle pulls its playlist from the most popular streamed tracks on a range of platforms, so you don't need to be a huge music buff to stand a chance of getting a good score.
Still, it can be surprisingly tricky to guess the name of a song just from the intro. That's where we come in — we're keeping track of the answers from past Heardle games, and we'll give you hints for today's Heardle answer if you're stumped.
Plus, if you just want to know the solution to today's Heardle, you'll find that here, too. No judgement from us.
Warning: spoilers lie ahead for Heardle #298, so only read on if you want to know today's Heardle answer!
Today's Heardle hints, Monday, December 19
Before we reveal today's answer, here are a few hints that should help you if you're stuck.
- This song was released in 2008
- The music video for this song shows the band members turning into rose petals
- This song's title was taken from a Frida Kahlo painting
Alright, that's the hints done with — time for the solution.
Today's Heardle answer, Monday, December 19
So, what is today's Heardle answer?
The answer is Viva La Vida by Coldplay.
Did you get it? If Heardle's clip wasn't enough for you, check out the full song here:
Well done if you got the right answer!
This song's opening is iconic, as far as I'm concerned. Lots of people got it right away from the recognisable string section. We also get to hear some vocals just before the end of the intro, which is another helpful clue.
I guessed this song right away. I haven't listened to it in a while, but there's no way I could forget that string melody! That's another one-second Heardle win for the books.
Am I the only one who experienced a Mandela effect moment watching the music video? I could have sworn the band members turned into dust at the end, as if Thanos had snapped his fingers. But no, those are definitely rose petals blowing in the wind. Weird.
Previous Heardle answers
If you're looking for a list of older Heardle answers, we can also help. Here's a list going back 20 games.
- #297 December 18: Believer by Imagine Dragons
- #296 December 17: Intentions by Justin Bieber ft. Quavo
- #295 December 16: Have You Ever Seen The Rain by Creedence Clearwater Revival
- #294 December 15: Arcade by Duncan Laurence
- #293 December 14: Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men
- #292 December 13: Great Spirit by Armin van Buren, Vini Vici, Highlight Tribe
- #291 Decemeber 12: Die A Happy Man by Thomas Rett
- #290 December 11: Just Dance by Lady Gaga, Colby O'Donis
- #289 December 10: M.A.A.D. City by Kendrick Lamar, MC Eiht
- #288 December 9: Sugar, We're Going Down by Fall Out Boy
- #287 December 8: Heather by Conan Grey
- #286 December 7: Back to Black by Amy Winehouse
- #285 December 6: I Don't Wanna Do This Anymore by XXXTENTACION
- #284 December 5: All My Life by Foo Fighters
- #283 December 4: Way Down We Go by KALEO
- #282 December 3: Return of the Mack by Mark Morrison
- #281 December 2: Down With The Sickness by Disturbed
- #280 December 1: Children's Story by Slick Rick
- #279 November 30: Anti-Hero by Taylor Swift
- #278 November 29: Maneater by Hall & Oates
- #277 November 28: Can't Stop by Red Hot Chili Peppers