Today's Heardle answer is an easy one if you're of a certain age or into a particular kind of music — but could be difficult otherwise. If you play Heardle, you'll know what I mean.
Haven't played the game before? It's one of the best Wordle alternatives and clones, but rather than making you guess five-letter words, it gives you six chances to identify a song from a 15-second intro. Heardle pulls its playlist from the most popular streamed tracks on a range of platforms, so you don't need to be a huge music buff to stand a chance of getting a good score.
Still, it can be surprisingly tricky to guess the name of a song just from the intro. That's where we come in — we're keeping track of the answers from past Heardle games, and we'll give you hints for today's Heardle answer if you're stumped.
Plus, if you just want to know the solution to today's Heardle, you'll find that here, too. No judgement from us.
Warning: spoilers lie ahead for Heardle #123, so only read on if you want to know today's Heardle answer!
Today's Heardle hints, Tuesday, June 28
Before we reveal today's answer, here are a few hints that should help you if you're stuck.
- This song was released in 1981
- The chorus doesn't start until the song is nearly over, with around 50 seconds left in the track
- This song was featured in the finale of The Sopranos and the pilot episode of Glee
Alright, that's the hints done with — time for the solution.
Today's Heardle answer, Tuesday, June 28
So, what is today's Heardle answer?
The answer is Don't Stop Believin' by Journey.
Did you get it? If Heardle's clip wasn't enough for you, check out the full song here:
Well done if you got the right answer!
There's no denying that this song is pretty iconic. Call it cheesy if you like, but I saw most Heardle players online today guess this tune right in just one second, so they were clearly doing something right with this opening keyboard riff.
I also managed to guess this song right in one second. I'm pretty proud of myself. I was playing the song at 10% volume with my phone speaker pressed up against my ear to avoid disturbing the people around me, and I still got it right away. So, despite my loss yesterday, I never stopped believing and now I'm back on the up-and-up!
Previous Heardle answers
If you're looking for a list of older Heardle answers, we can also help. Here's a list going back 20 games.
- #122, June 27: The O'Jays — For the Love of Money
- #121, June 26: Deee-Lite — Groove Is In The Heart
- #120, June 25: Michael Jackson — Rock With You
- #119, June 24: Ginuwine — Pony
- #118, June 23: The Smiths — There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
- #117, June 22: Chic — Good Times
- #116, June 21: The Foundations — Build Me Up Buttercup
- #115, June 20: Goo Goo Dolls — Iris
- #114, June 19: Aretha Franklin — Respect
- #113, June 18: Christina Aguilera — Genie In A Bottle
- #112, June 17: Usher — Yeah! ft. Lil Jon, Ludacris
- #111, June 16: David Bowie — Let's Dance
- #110, June 15: One Direction — What Makes You Beautiful
- #109, June 14: Simon & Garfunkel — Bridge over Troubled Water
- #108, June 13: Tracy Chapman — Fast Car
- #107, June 12: Green Day — Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
- #106, June 11: Calvin Harris + Disciples — How Deep is Your Love
- #105, June 10: Emotions — Best Of My Love
- #104, June 9: Wu-Tang Clan — CREAM (Cash Rules Everything Around Me)
- #103, June 8: The Temper Trap — Sweet Disposition
- #102, June 7: Prince — When Doves Cry