Today's Heardle answer is an easy one if you're of a certain age or into a particular kind of music — but could be difficult otherwise. If you play Heardle, you'll know what I mean.
Haven't played the game before? It's one of the best Wordle alternatives and clones, but rather than making you guess five-letter words, it gives you six chances to identify a song from a 15-second intro. Heardle pulls its playlist from the most popular streamed tracks on a range of platforms, so you don't need to be a huge music buff to stand a chance of getting a good score.
Still, it can be surprisingly tricky to guess the name of a song just from the intro. That's where we come in — we're keeping track of the answers from past Heardle games, and we'll give you hints for today's Heardle answer if you're stumped.
Plus, if you just want to know the solution to today's Heardle, you'll find that here, too. No judgement from us.
Warning: spoilers lie ahead for Heardle #120, so only read on if you want to know today's Heardle answer!
Today's Heardle hints, Saturday, June 25
Before we reveal today's answer, here are a few hints that should help you if you're stuck.
- This song was released in 1979
- It topped the Billboard charts
- It was written by songwriter Rod Temperton
Alright, that's the hints done with — time for the solution.
Today's Heardle answer, Saturday, June 25
So, what is today's Heardle answer?
The answer is Rock With You by Michael Jackson.
Did you get it? If Heardle's clip wasn't enough for you, check out the full song here:
Well done if you got the right answer! I got this one in one second, with that iconic rhythmic introduction enough for me to identify one of the last great disco songs. Whatever you think of Jackson, the late star knew his way around a pop tune, and this is an undeniable classic.
As Heardles go, it's one of the best we've had so far. Wonder what tomorrow will bring?
Previous Heardle answers
If you're looking for a list of older Heardle answers, we can also help. Here's a list going back 20 games.
- #119, June 24: Ginuwine — Pony
- #118, June 23: The Smiths — There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
- #117, June 22: Chic — Good Times
- #116, June 21: The Foundations — Build Me Up Buttercup
- #115, June 20: Goo Goo Dolls — Iris
- #114, June 19: Aretha Franklin — Respect
- #113, June 18: Christina Aguilera — Genie In A Bottle
- #112, June 17: Usher — Yeah! ft. Lil Jon, Ludacris
- #111, June 16: David Bowie — Let's Dance
- #110, June 15: One Direction — What Makes You Beautiful
- #109, June 14: Simon & Garfunkel — Bridge over Troubled Water
- #108, June 13: Tracy Chapman — Fast Car
- #107, June 12: Green Day — Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
- #106, June 11: Calvin Harris + Disciples — How Deep is Your Love
- #105, June 10: Emotions — Best Of My Love
- #104, June 9: Wu-Tang Clan — CREAM (Cash Rules Everything Around Me)
- #103, June 8: The Temper Trap — Sweet Disposition
- #102, June 7: Prince — When Doves Cry
- #101, June 6: Roy Orbison — Oh, Pretty Woman
- #100, June 5: Marvin Gaye — Sexual Healing