Prime Day mattress deals are a great opportunity to trade in your old bed for the best mattress you can afford. There is a small catch, however. While there are good beds to be found here (check out guide to the best mattresses on Amazon for our top picks), Amazon isn't always the best retailer when it comes to mattress sales.
Mattress manufacturers like Nectar, Purple, and Tempur-Pedic tend to undercut even the best Prime Day mattress deals that Amazon offers. For instance, you can get the Nectar Memory Foam Mattress from $399 at Nectar (opens in new tab). Plus, Nectar is offering a free $499 sleep bundle (opens in new tab) (two pillows, sheet set, mattress protector) with your mattress purchase. Amazon offers the same price (opens in new tab), but you don't get the free bedding bundle, which makes Nectar's offer that much better. (It also helps that Nectar makes our favorite bed).
That's not to say Prime Day is a bad time to buy a new bed. In fact, you'll find plenty of discounts today, just keep in mind some of the best sales won't come from Amazon. That said, here are the best Prime Day mattress deals available on day two of Amazon's sales event.
The best mattress deal on Prime Day: The Nectar Memory Foam mattress is one of the best mid-range mattresses you can buy, providing luxury comfort and support for a lot less than its rivals — we loved sleeping on it. You'll find the same deal at Amazon this Prime Day, but we recommend getting the offer directly from Nectar instead: it's easier to activate the huge 365-night sleep trial and lifetime warranty.
Instead, the best Prime Day mattress deals right now are available direct from the mattress manufacturers. Nectar, Saatva, Purple, and Avocado are just a handful of mattress manufacturers that have beaten Amazon prices in the past and are doing so again right now. In addition to better prices, the major brands also make it easier to return mattresses and provide better support and warranties than what Amazon can offer.
So what should you buy from Amazon? Generally speaking, Amazon is a good retailer for deals on no-frills mattresses. Amazon offers great Prime Day mattress deals from brands such as Lucis and Zinus. Likewise, the e-comm giant is great at offering discounts on off-brand bedding, including deals on its own Amazon Basics line of bedding.
To help you navigate this week's best deals, we're rounding up all of the best mattress discounts in one easy-to-browse shopping guide. Whether you're shopping for a new mattress or browsing for the perfect weighted blanket, we've got all of the best deals in one place.
Prime Day mattress deals: Quick links
- Nectar Memory Foam Mattress: was $499 now $200 off + $499 of free gifts @ Nectar (opens in new tab)
- Zinus Green Tea Mattress: was $439 now $241 @ Amazon (opens in new tab)
- Casper Sleep Element: was $495 now $396 @ Amazon (opens in new tab)
- Cocoon Chill mattress: was $769 now $499 @ Cocoon by Sealy (opens in new tab)
Best Prime Day mattress deals
Zinus Green Tea Mattress: was $439 now $241 @ Amazon (opens in new tab)
The Zinus Green Tea mattress is a solid pick for anyone in need of an inexpensive mattress. In our Zinus Green Tea Memory Foam mattress review, we said it's a great value for anyone with a low budget, of average weight, or for children.
Casper Sleep Element: was $495 now $396 @ Amazon (opens in new tab)
The Casper Sleep Element is perfect for consumers who want a cozy memory foam mattress at a low price. This Amazon exclusive offers two layers of breathable polyurethane foam, a layer of AirScape breathable foam (for increased airflow), and a durable base that supports your whole body.
Avenco Memory Foam Mattress: was $289 now $186 @ Amazon (opens in new tab)
This Avenco mattress features a layer of gel-infused memory foam and a removable plush cover. It's been designed to perfectly adapt to the shape of your body for a more comfortable night's sleep.
Ashley Chime Memory Foam Mattress: was $388 now $259 @ Amazon (opens in new tab)
This Prime Day mattress deal offers big savings on Ashley Chime's Signature Design 12-inch Memory Foam Mattress. The bed is designed with thick layers of memory foam to cushion your entire body while you sleep.
Tuft & Needle 2020 Mint Full Mattress: was $995 now $696 @ Amazon (opens in new tab)
If you sleep hot at night, this great mattress offer is ideal. Made from extra cooling adaptive foam with ceramic cooling gel and edge support, this regulates heat. Its third layer offers great support, and helps to reduce motion transfer and provide pressure relief. It's also anti-bacterial and designed to fit most bedframes. A worthwhile deal to grab. If you want the current Mint Mattress, Tuft & Needle is taking 15% off on its website (opens in new tab).
Vibe Gel Memory Foam 12-Inch Mattress: was $315 now $174 @ Amazon (opens in new tab)
This is a great deal for those who want to keep cool at night. With 7 inches of conforming high-density, gel-infused foam, this draws heat away from your body for a more comfortable sleep. The memory foam also conforms to your body to relieve any aches and pains. A great deal to pick up fast.
Prime Day mattress deals at other retailers
Nectar Memory Foam Mattress: was $499 now $399 + $499 of free gifts @ Nectar (opens in new tab)
Not all of today's best deals will come from Amazon. Take, for instance, our favorite bed — the Nectar Memory Foam Mattress. Both Amazon and Nectar have it on sale from $399, but only Nectar is offering a free $499 sleep bundle (two pillows, sheet set, mattress protector) with your purchase. Amazon isn't offering the free bundle (opens in new tab). That said, this is our top mattress pick for just about any type of sleeper. It's very comfortable and it offers excellent pressure relief around your shoulders, hips, and back. Currently, the twin costs $399 (was $499), whereas the queen costs $799 (was $899).
Cocoon Chill mattress: was $769 now $499 @ Cocoon by Sealy (opens in new tab)
Summer is in full swing and if you're the type that sweats overnight, this is the mattress for you. While many mattresses can wick away heat, in our review we found that the Cocoon Chill does the best job. We also love the mattress' ability to reduce motion transfer, so you won't notice when your partner gets up from bed in the middle of the night. The twin size is down to just $499 (was $769), whereas the queen is on sale for $799 (was $1,239).
Nolah Evolution 15: was $2,299 now $1,599 @ Nolah (opens in new tab)
We rate the Nolah Evolution 15 as an excellent choice for heavy people, but this hybrid memory foam bed also suits anyone seeking high levels of pressure relief and cooling. Currently, you can use coupon "TGNOLAH" to take an extra $50 off mattress and weighted blanket sale prices. After discount, the twin costs $949 (was $1,599), whereas the queen costs $1,549 (was $2,299). During checkout, you'll need to remove the discount that's automatically added and instead add "TGNOLAH" as your discount. You'll then get up to $700 off plus an extra $50 off.
Saatva Classic Mattress: was $1,770 now $1,570 @ Saatva (opens in new tab)
The Saatva Classic is the best luxury hybrid mattress you can buy. This high-end innerspring mattress combines eco-friendly foams and a cushioning Euro pillow top with a super-durable dual steel coil support system. In our Saatva Classic mattress review, we found it's fantastic to sleep on. The Saatva Classic comes in three different comfort levels (soft, medium firm, or firm) and two heights (11.5 or 14.5 inches). Plus, it includes free white glove delivery as standard. After discount, the twin XL costs $848 (was $1,198), whereas the queen costs $1,420 (was $1,770).
DreamCloud Hybrid Mattress: was $799 now $599 @ DreamCloud (opens in new tab)
Free $599 gift set: The 14-inch DreamCloud Hybrid mattress is one of the tallest we've reviewed and it features five layers that offer firm, responsive support as well as soft cushioning. As part of its sales — you can get the DreamCloud Hybrid mattress twin for $599 (was $799) or the queen for $999 (was $1,199). The mattress comes with free shipping, free returns, and a 365-night home trial. Plus, you get a free mattress protector, sheet set, and pillows. By comparison, it's not on sale at Amazon (opens in new tab).
Finding the best Prime Day mattress deals
There are various great mattress deals happening over Prime Day. However, it's important to remember our top shopping tips as you browse through each day's sales:
- Take advantage of coupons: Coupons can help you save big on mattress purchases. For instance, DreamCloud coupons and Nectar promo codes can shave hundreds off your bed or bedding purchase. Likewise, Tempur Pedic promo codes can help you save on our favorite temperature regulating mattresses. Many mattress manufacturers accept coupons during the checkout process, which is another reason why you'll find better prices direct from manufacturers rather than via Amazon. (While Amazon does accept coupons, many mattress coupons will only work on the manufacturer's site).
- Never pay full price: Labor Day, Black Friday/Cyber Monday, Memorial Day, and July 4th are generally the best time of the year for mattress deals. (If we had to pick one holiday — Black Friday/Cyber Monday would be the one we recommend). However, even if you're nowhere near a major holiday, most mattress companies offer mattress deals year-round. So you should never pay full price for any mattress.
- Know your return policy: Buying a new mattress — especially these days — can be tricky. Perhaps you're relying on user reviews or word of mouth. Or maybe you've already tried the mattress and have finally found the right mattress deal. Either way, you should always know the mattress' return policy should you have to return it. Some companies offer 100-night trials with free return shipping and no penalty fees , whereas others offer 18-months trials with similar shipping policies.
Shop all Prime Day deals
- Alexa device sale: Alexa devices from $19 (opens in new tab)
- Adidas: up to 55% off polo shirts, sneakers, jerseys, more (opens in new tab)
- Athleisure wear: yoga pants, workout tops from $6 (opens in new tab)
- Back to school: highlighters, backpacks, and more on sale (opens in new tab)
- Chromebooks: HP, Lenovo, Acer up to 50% off (opens in new tab)
- Deep fryers: Cuisinart, Hamilton Beach, more from $24 (opens in new tab)
- Fitness equipment: deals from $6 (opens in new tab)
- Groceries: up to 35% off Quaker, Starbucks, Lay's, and more (opens in new tab)
- HDTVs: smart TVs from $89 (opens in new tab)
- Headphones: Sony, Bose, Anker deals from $10 (opens in new tab)
- Heating/cooling: fans and air conditioners from $12 (opens in new tab)
- Kitchen appliances: save on Ninja, Keurig, Instant Pot (opens in new tab)
- Laptops: save on MacBooks, Chromebooks, and Windows machines (opens in new tab)
- Luggage/travel: sets and accessories from from $8 (opens in new tab)
- OLED TVs: deals from $739 (opens in new tab)
- PS5 games: deals from $29 (opens in new tab)
- Robot vacuums: iRobot, Shark, more from $129 (opens in new tab)