Snowpiercer season 2 episode 9 airs at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Monday (March 22).
Season 2 will continue to air at this time, weekly, on TNT.
Tonight we continue to watch Snowpiercer season 2 online, with episode 9 (entitled "The Show Must Go On"). And tonight is what it's all been building towards: Wilford has seized control over the Snowpiercer — and Layton and all of his allies are in trouble. Of course, this isn't the end of the line, but only a chance for our heroes to pull success out of the teeth of failure.
It all continues on the same track that season 1 had. Our survivors are in a post-apocalyptic world, stuck on a train that won't stop and struggling to survive. It's only natural that the series found a way to divide their numbers.
The series is a reboot of Bong Joon-ho (Parasite) movie of the same name, which itself was an adaptation of the French graphic novel Le Transperceneige.
Snowpiercer's show-runner is Orphan Black co-creator Graeme Manson, and it's delving into into similar issues as the movie. While that began as the divide between the wealthy at the front of the train and the poor and oppressed at the back of the train, the addition of Mr. Wilford's train complicates things further.
"As a fan of the film and reading the scripts, it broadens the world exponentially. and that's one of the advantages of TV, you have time," Diggs explained to reporters in 2017. "So the politics that are hinted at in the film are explored in much more depth, and the mechanism of the train [is explored further] — just the little things that create a world, world specificity. It's the thing, specifics, it's why i'm a sci-fi nerd."
Here's everything you need to know about how to watch Snowpiercer season 2 online.
How can I watch Snowpiercer season 2 online with a VPN?
If you're in a country with geo-restrictions, you don't need to miss out on watching Snowpiercer season 2 online. It's pretty easy with the right VPN (virtual private network), you can stream the show from wherever you go.
Our pick for the best VPN is ExpressVPN. It meets the VPN needs of the vast majority of users, offering outstanding compatibility with most devices and impressive connection speeds. You'll even get an extra 3 months free if you sign up for a year, or there's a 30-day money-back guarantee if you just want to give it a try.
Our favorite VPN service, ExpressVPN, really shines thanks to its safety, speed and simplicity-to-use. It's also compatible with loads of devices - from iOS and Android to Roku, Apple TV and PlayStations.
How to watch Snowpiercer season 2 online in the U.S.
In the U.S., Snowpiercer season 2 episode 7 airs on Monday, March 8, on TNT. Fortunately, that channel is included in most cable packages.
Of the best cable TV alternatives, we recommend Sling TV which gives you $10 off the first month of your subscription. Hulu with Live TV is our next choice, since it has original programming like Handmaid's Tale, Devs and Ramy. It's also got a 1-week free trial. YouTube TV is a great option if you want to record a lot of shows, since it offers a Cloud DVR with unlimited storage.
Sling TV offers affordable packages starting at $30 per month (with $10 off the first month) that have many of your favorite channels, including TNT, TBS, AMC, Comedy Central, ESPN, FX, HGTV and Syfy.
How can I watch watch Snowpiercer season 2 online in the UK
Excellent news for our friends across the Atlantic! Netflix will have episodes available only one day after they air in stateside, which is a much shorter gap than season 1 made you wait.
Yanks visiting the U.K. might want to check out ExpressVPN so they don't have to wait and can stream the premiere from the service they're already paying for.
How to watch watch Snowpiercer season 2 online in Canada
There's mixed news for Canadians. Snowpiercer season 2 is expected to arrive on Netflix Canada, but we can't find details about a release date yet Americans visiting our neighbors in the great white north should look at ExpressVPN for watching it live on the service they already pay for.
How to watch Snowpiercer season 1
Want a refresher course on life on the Snowpiercer? HBO Max is the place to watch or rewatch the show's first season.
HBO Max is one of the new kids on the streaming block but it's already got a ton to offer. First, it's got all of HBO, which means you can stream Game of Thrones, The Sopranos, The Wire, Sex and the City and all of premium network's prestige series. Plus, HBO Max has its own originals like Love Life, Expecting Amy, Search Party and Doom Patrol.
Snowpiercer season 2 trailer
The official Snowpiercer season 2 trailer shows us the surprising reveal where Mr. Wilford's train arrived and reunited Melanie (Jennifer Connelly) with her daughter Alexandra (Rowan Blanchard).
We also get a good look at how regal and twisted Mr. Wilford's train, Big Alice, is. There's art all over his private cabin, as well as the Alleys, which is a fatally cold section you don't want to stay in.
Snowpiercer season 2 cast
The Snowpiercer cast is led by Jennifer Connelly as Melanie Cavill, a first class passenger who serves as the Voice of the Train. Daveed Diggs plays Layton Well, who barely survived imprisonment to become the leader of the Snowpiercer.
And Sean Bean will be a series regular, playing the real Mr. Wilford — the engineer behind the Snowpiercer.
Here's who else is in the Snowpiercer cast:
- Sakina Jeffrey and Damian Young as Mr. and Mrs. Headwood: The scientists aboard the Snowpiercer
- Rowan Blanchard as Alexandra: A self-assured 17-year-old, wise beyond her years, with mysterious connections to the history of Snowpiercer.
- Steven Ogg as Pike: A hardened and battle-scarred leader in the Tail and a warrior of his people.
- Alison Wright as Lilah Anderson: A careful, quiet, independent thinker who lives with her husband and daughter in a fourth-class cabin and works in the train's nail salon.
- Mickey Sumner as Bess Till: An empathetic, savvy brakeman who is part of the train's security force and finds herself at the center of a mystery that rocks the train's uneasy status quo.
- Annalise Basso as LJ Anderson: A quiet and diligent girl who lives with her parents in a fourth-class cabin and works in the greenhouse car.
- Katie McGuinness as Josie McConnell: Fergus' mother, who lives in poverty at the tail of the train.
- Roberto Urbina as Avi: A member of the Breach Team, the train's equivalent of a fireman.
- Susan Park as Jinju: The chef at the train's finest restaurant.
- Lena Hall as Sayori: The train's archivist who is responsible for maintaining records and a member of the upper management.
- Sam Otto as John "Oz" Osweiller: A young brakeman and security force member.
- Sheila Vand as Zarah
- Iddo Goldberg as Bennett: One of the original engineers who helped design the train.
- Jaylin Fletcher as Miles: One of the few children in the tail end of the train. Whip smart and talented, he has the intelligence to potentially move up the train if he can get a coveted apprenticeship.
- More: how to watch Meghan and Harry Oprah interview online