William Shatner might be an early adopter but it seems someone at Google may be getting in the way of his playing with Google+.
They say celebrity endorsement is often the best way to advertise your product and attract new users. However, it seems Google this week accidentally snubbed a celebrity that was trying to check out its newest social venture. William Shatner yesterday complained via his Twitterfeed that he had been booted from Google+ for 'violating standards.'
"My Google+ account was flagged for violating standards," Shatner tweeted. "Saying hello to everyone apparently is against the rules maybe I should say goodbye?"
However, it seems normal service has resumed for the former captain of the U.S.S Enterprise -- his G+ account is back up and running.
Google has not said why he was given the boot but more than likely the search giant assumed the profile was fake and disabled it.
Google's stance on real names and searchable profiles was cemented earlier this month when the search giant confirmed that all private Google Profiles would be deleted come August 1. The company said the point of having a profile was to make it easy for others to find you and, as such, is encouraging everyone to make their pages public. Mountain View has also been quick to disable the pages of those who appear to be registering with fake names. Unfortunately, as is to be expected, this is leading to a lot of people with unusual names having their pages disabled.