A Finnish teenager is claiming his iPhone caught fire in his pocket.
Smartphones have been known to overheat at times, but the latest 'exploding phone' story comes with video footage. A video has emerged that allegedly shows an iPhone exploding in a teenage boy's pocket. The video comes from CCTV footage obtained by Finnish news site Kauppalehti. So far Apple has not yet commented on the authenticity of the clip, but here's how things supposedly went down:
Details as to what exactly happened are scant. The video shows 17-year-old Henri Helminen exiting his vehicle. Then, when he is a few steps away from the van, large plumes of white smoke appear around him and Helminen is seen pulling his phone out of his trousers and tossing it away from his body. The boy told Kauppalehti that the phone was just three months old, and that he at first thought the burning phone was a cigarette lighter. He doesn't appear to have been injured, but judging from the photo published by the Finnish news site, the phone wasn't so lucky.
Check the video out below. Do you think it's real or fake? Let us know in the comments!
(via Electric Pig)