- Page 1:How to Use the Apple Watch
- Page 2:10 Coolest Things the Apple Watch Can Do
- Page 3:Best Apple Watch Apps
- Page 4:Best Apple Watch Games
- Page 5:Best Apple Watch Bands
- Page 6:Best Apple Watch Accessories
- Page 7:Set Up Your Apple Watch
- Page 8:Change Your Apple Watch Band
- Page 9:Send a Text Message on Your Apple Watch
- Page 10:Make a Call on Apple Watch
- Page 11:Change Text Size on Your Apple Watch
- Page 12:Mute Your Apple Watch and Change Sounds
- Page 13:Install Apple Watch Apps
- Page 14:Switch Between Apple Watch Apps
- Page 15:Lock Your Apple Watch
- Page 16:Add Friends to Your Apple Watch Friends Screen
Whether you are in love with your Apple Watch or barely know how to use the product, it's about to get even better. On Sept. 16, the new operating system, watchOS 2.0, will launch, giving the Apple Watch a slew of new features. These include Time Travel for viewing past and future events, more ways to use Siri to control apps, and digital complications for seeing more info at a glance. With that in mind, here are the tips and tricks you need to know to get the most out of your Apple Watch.
Switching Between Apps
● To jump back to your most recently used app, double-tap the Apple Watch's Digital Crown.
Muting an Incoming Call
● Can't take a call? Simply cover the Apple Watch with your hand to mute it.
Taking a Screenshot
● To take a screenshot on your Apple Watch, quickly tap the device's side button and Digital Crown at the same time. To ensure your screenshot is captured, press and hold the Digital Crown just before tapping the side button.
Send a Friend Your Location
● Open a conversation in Messages.
● Force Touch the screen, and select Send Location.
Reading and Responding to Messages
● To read a new message (and to see who sent it), raise your wrist after receiving the notification.
● To dismiss the message, lower your arm.
Sending a New Text Message
● Open the Apple Watch's Messages app.
● Force Touch the display to compose a new message.
● Swipe left on any email in your inbox.
● Select Trash to delete the message.
Clearing Your Notifications
● Swipe down from the display to pull up your notifications.
● Force Touch the display, and select Clear All.
Setting Focus and Exposure in the Camera App
● When using the Apple Watch as a remote for your iPhone camera, tap anywhere on your watch's camera preview to set the focus and exposure.
Ending or Pausing Your Workout
● If you have a workout in progress, open the Workout app.
● Force Touch the display, and select End or Pause.
Hiding App Icons
● Press and hold any app icon on the Watch's home screen.
● Tap the small X on the top left of any third-party app to remove it from the main menu.
Changing Audio Sources
● In the Music app, Force Touch the display, and select Source.
● Select iPhone to play music from your phone. Select Apple Watch to play music stored on the watch (Bluetooth headset required).
Switching Views in Calendar
● Open the Calendar app, select a day and Force Touch the display.
● Select Day to see any events that are happening soon. Select Today to see a full list of upcoming events.
● To pull up Siri for voice commands, press and hold on the Digital Crown until you feel a vibration.
Unpairing Your Apple Watch
● Open the Apple Watch app, and select Apple Watch from the main menu.
● Select Unpair Apple Watch.
Apple Watch Guide: Page by Page
- How to Use the Apple Watch
- 10 Coolest Things the Apple Watch Can Do
- Best Apple Watch Apps
- Best Apple Watch Games
- Best Apple Watch Bands
- Best Apple Watch Accessories
- Set Up Your Apple Watch
- Change Your Apple Watch Band
- Send a Text Message on Your Apple Watch
- Make a Call on Apple Watch
- Change Text Size on Your Apple Watch
- Mute Your Apple Watch and Change Sounds
- Install Apple Watch Apps
- Switch Between Apple Watch Apps
- Lock Your Apple Watch
- Add Friends to Your Apple Watch Friends Screen