1. To see the current date, simply touch the notification bar.
2. Like the Menu button, the Search button can serve different purposes in different apps. Try it out.
3. Home screen shortcuts can be used for individuals in your contacts, webpage bookmarks, and more.
4. Folders can be used on the Home screen to organize groups of shortcuts.
5. In some versions of Android, swiping downward on the touch screen keyboard will make it go away.
6. For Android versions pre-2.0, check out the Spare Parts App to gain features that were added in 2.0, likekeyboard options, compass capabilities in maps, and more.