The Droid Incredible won points for its HTC Sense interface and blazing speed, but users have long complained about the battery life. Reports of the battery draining from 100% to 85% in a span of a few minutes have pushed the user community resort to a variety of fixes.
Here's another proposed solution: based on stories of the Incredible's confusion regarding its own battery life, this fix focuses on resetting the smartphone's "battery full" state. From the XDA forums:
- Charge your battery like normal
- When you see the green light unplug the phone and power it down
- Plug it back up (you should see the orange light again for a while)
- When the light turns green again, then you are fully charged.
- Charge your phone fully (don’t just go by the orange light turning green check your battery under settings>about phone>>battery)
- Reboot in Recovery and get adb shell running
- Once you have adb shell (#) running type in the following commands:
- Reboot the phone immediately after running the commands
- When your phone reboots disconnect your cable and DO NOT CHARGE until the battery dies (the phone will shut off)
- When the battery dies out charge the phone like you normally would.
Any Droid Incredible users out there? Got any battery fixes to share?