Here's a Prime Day deal for those who never like closing any windows. The Samsung 49-Inch CRG9 Curved Gaming Monitor is on sale for $899 (opens in new tab). That's $600 off the original price. Although, the monitor has consistently been at the $1,199 price point for some time, a $300 savings is still solid.
And of our best Prime Day monitor deals roundup, along with the steep discount, Samsung's gargantuan ultrawide is still the largest and most expensive monitor on the list. But for some, the cost may be worth it.
- See all of today's deals at Amazon (opens in new tab)
Samsung 49-Inch CRG9 Curved Gaming Monitor: was $1,499 now $899 @ Amazon (opens in new tab)
This 49" ultrawide gaming monitor is a solid Prime Day deal. It sports a dense 5120 x 1440 resolution, a respectable 120 Hz refresh rate, AMD FreeSync 2 support, HDR 1000 and picture-in-picture mode. The width and high resolution makes it feel like having two 1440p monitors, without the black divider in-between.
If you haven't used a 49" ultrawide monitor before, you don't know what you're missing. It's like having two 1440p monitors side-by-side, but without a bezel in the middle to break up the action. While Samsung markets the CRG9 as a gaming monitor, in reality, it's a productivity workhorse.
Having 49" of screen real estate makes it so that you'll never have to close a window. The entire area can be filled with messengers, web pages, music players and even a game of Solitaire in the corner.
This isn't a 1080p monitor, but rather 1440p. What that means is that the screen is slightly taller, allowing you to see more of a full webpage.
The monitor also boasts a 120Hz refresh rate. Just make sure you enable it in your display or graphics settings. Regardless, it makes web browsing and gaming far smoother. Although, it is a VA panel. Because of this particular display technology, there can be a slight smearing effect when light objects move in front of a dark background. But the upside against IPS displays is that it sports much deeper black levels and contrast.
According to a review by our sister-site Gamesradar (opens in new tab), which gave the display four stars out of five, "This screen totally dominates your field of view and utterly sucks you in, especially to lush adventure eye candy-heavy titles like The Witcher 3." But because of the higher resolution, it will likely require a beefier graphics card to play games at high fidelity. Granted, this monitor isn't and pixel-dense as a 4K monitor, so there's more wiggle room.
Unfortunately, with only 10 local dimming zones, it doesn't have the power to push the HDR 1000 certification that's been slapped on the box. So, don't expect this monitor to have the same punch as the LG CX OLED TV.
Shop more sales at Amazon
- Adidas: up to 55% off polo shirts, sneakers, jerseys, more (opens in new tab)
- Alexa device sale: Echo devices from $14 (opens in new tab)
- American Apparel: tops/bottoms from $10 (opens in new tab)
- Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS/40mm): was $399 now $279 (opens in new tab)
- Athleisure wear: yoga pants, workout tops from $6 (opens in new tab)
- Bedding & bath: deals on comforters, shower curtains, more (opens in new tab)
- Books: best sellers from $4 (opens in new tab)
- Camping gear: Coleman, Igloo, Zippo from $8 (opens in new tab)
- Clothing: up to 50% off Anne Klein, Bulova, Izod, (opens in new tab)
- Deep fryers: Cuisinart, Hamilton Beach, more from $24 (opens in new tab)
- External hard drives: Seagate, WD, more from $38 (opens in new tab)
- Fitness: deals from $6 (opens in new tab)
- Groceries: up to 35% off Quaker, Starbucks, Lay's, and more (opens in new tab)
- HDTVs: smart TVs from $99 (opens in new tab)
- Headphones: Sony, Bose, Anker deals from $10 (opens in new tab)
- Heating/cooling: fans and air conditioners from $12 (opens in new tab)
- Juicing machines: save on NutriBullet, Breville, more (opens in new tab)
- Kitchen appliances: save on Ninja, Keurig, Instant Pot (opens in new tab)
- Keurig coffee makers: machines from $69 (opens in new tab)
- Laptops: save on MacBooks, Chromebooks, and Windows machines (opens in new tab)
- Nike: up to $50 off sneakers & shorts (opens in new tab)
- Nvidia RTX GPUs: up to $140 off video cards (opens in new tab)
- Office chairs: deals from $39 (opens in new tab)
- Power tools: DeWalt, Black & Decker, Bosch up to 50% off (opens in new tab)
- PS5 games/accessories: deals from $15 (opens in new tab)
- Surface laptops: from $599 (opens in new tab)
- Xbox Series X|S games: from $19 (opens in new tab)