MLK mattress sales are happening now. Although the federal holiday isn't considered a major retail holiday, a handful of mattress manufacturers are offering MLK mattress sales on beds featured in our best mattress guide.
It's worth noting that Presidents Day mattress sales will kick off later this month. As the first major retail holiday of the year, we expect to see even more mattress deals as the month progresses. But if you can't wait till then — or if you just want to browse this holiday's best sales — we've picked the top six deals you can score right now.
Best MLK mattress sales this weekend
Best overall value
1: Nectar: was $599 now $359 @ Nectar (opens in new tab)
Our favorite value mattress is now on sale. Nectar is taking 25% off sitewide, which is its best discount of the year. In our Nectar mattress review, we called the Editor's Choice mattress a tremendous value for the money. We found it's very comfortable (thanks to its five layers of memory foam) and it offers excellent pressure relief around your shoulders, hips, and back. Bonus points for offering an impressive 365-night trial and a forever guarantee. As part of its current sale — you can get the twin mattress for $359 (was $599) or the queen for $779 (was $999).
Helix Midnight Mattress: was $936 now $702 @ Helix (opens in new tab)
2: As part of its current MLK mattress sale, Helix is taking 25% off sitewide via coupon "WKND25". Even better, all deals come with two free pillows. After discount, you can get the Midnight (twin) for $702 (was $936) or the queen for $1,030 (was $1,374). In our Helix Midnight Mattress review, we said the hybrid mattress delivers the comfort and support you'd expect of a pricier model. It's also an excellent choice for side sleepers, with memory foam that relieves pressure by cradling pressure points along your body. Meanwhile, the mattress' coils offer a little bounce, limit motion transfer, and boost airflow to keep you cool as you sleep.
Bear Mattress: was $748 now $487 @ Bear (opens in new tab)
3: The original Bear Mattress is a memory foam mattress that offers a cool and comfortable night's sleep. The four-layer mattress removes unwanted body heat while providing pressure relief and balanced support throughout your body. It includes a 100-night risk free trial and a 10-year warranty. As part of its MLK mattress sale, Bear is taking 35% off via "FLASH35". Plus, get two free pillows ($100 value) with any mattress purchase. After discount, the twin costs $487 (was $748), whereas the queen costs $649 (was $998).
Brooklyn Bedding Dreamfoam Essential Mattress: was $449 now $336 @ Brooklyn Bedding (opens in new tab)
4: The Dreamfoam Essential holds a spot in our best budget mattress guide for being one of the best inexpensive cooling beds you'll find. While the mattress is available in five different heights, we'd recommend looking at the 10-inch model or taller for better sleep comfort and support. Use coupon "MLK25" to save 25%. After discount, the 10-inch twin costs $336 (was $449), whereas the 10-inch queen costs $524 (was $699).
Bear Hybrid Mattress: was $1,298 now $844 @ Bear (opens in new tab)
5: If you want the ultimate in comfort, you'll want the Bear Hybrid Mattress. It features multiple layers of foam complimented by an edge coil system with individually encased springs. It also offers the most pressure relief of all Bear mattresses. Use coupon "FLASH35" to take 35% off all sizes this weekend. After discount, the twin costs $844 (was $1,298), whereas the queen costs $1,126 (was $1,732). Plus, you'll get a $270 gift set (two free pillows, sheet set, and mattress protector) with your mattress purchase.
Birch Natural Mattress: was $1,248 now $936 @ Birch (opens in new tab)
6: The Birch Natural Mattress has an organic cotton cover and it's made from naturally breathable wool and Talalay latex. This mattress is built to support you in every sleeping position (back, stomach, side), plus the Talalay latex means it will feel cooler while you sleep. The Birch Natural Latex offers a medium-firm feel, which should be just right for most sleepers, though if you share a bed with a restless sleeper you'd be better off with the Luxe version because it offers better motion isolation. Use code "WKND25" to knock the twin to $936 (was $1,248) or the queen to $1,358 (was $1,811). Plus, you get two free pillows with your mattress purchase.
DreamCloud Hybrid Mattress: was $799 now $599 @ DreamCloud (opens in new tab)
7: The 14-inch DreamCloud mattress is one of the tallest we've reviewed. It features five layers that offer firm, responsive support as well as soft cushioning. In our DreamCloud mattress review, we said it's a great bed for just about anyone, but it especially shines for those suffering from hip or lower back pain. As part of its flash sale — you can get the DreamCloud Hybrid mattress twin for $599 (was $799) or the queen for $899 (was $1,199). The mattress comes with free shipping, free returns, and a 365-night home trial. Plus, you get a free mattress protector, sheet set, and pillows.
Tips on finding the best MLK mattress sales
- Never pay full price: Labor Day, Memorial Day, and July 4th are all great times for mattress deals. While MLK sales aren't as popular, they're still a great time to upgrade to a newer, better mattress.
- Use coupons: Like many retailers, mattress manufacturers occasionally offer discounts via coupon codes. Some brands are upfront about their promo codes and list them on their respective websites. Others have the tendency to hide them. Make sure to check out our guide to the best coupons via our guides: Nectar promo codes, Tempur Pedic promo codes, Purple promo codes, Casper promo codes, DreamCloud coupons, Avocado mattress promo codes, Brentwood Home coupon codes, and Awara promo codes.
- Know your return policy: Buying a new mattress can be tricky. Perhaps you're relying on user reviews or word of mouth. Or maybe you've already tried the mattress and have finally found the right mattress deal. Either way, you should always know the mattress' return policy should you have to return it. Some companies offer 100-night trials with free return shipping and no penalty fees , whereas others offer 18-months trials with similar shipping policies.
- Save with Medicare: If you're in the US and buying a mattress to help with a medical condition such as chronic back pain, you may be eligible for Medicare support. For all the facts you need to know, see our article on what types of mattresses are covered by Medicare.
Shop all MLK mattress sales this weekend
- Nectar (Editor's Choice): winter sale — up to 25% off sitewide (opens in new tab)
- Avocado: $200 off select mattresses via "GREEN" (opens in new tab)
- Awara: up to $499 off mattresses + free $499 sleep bundle (opens in new tab)
- Bear: 35% off sitewide via code "FLASH35" (opens in new tab)
- Big Fig: save $300 off all mattresses via code "BEBOLD" (opens in new tab)
- Brooklyn Bedding: 25% off sitewide via code "MLK25" (opens in new tab)
- Casper: up to $600 off off mattresses and select bedding (opens in new tab)
- Cocoon by Sealy: 35% off Chill mattress + free sleep bundle (opens in new tab)
- DreamCloud: 25% off sitewide + $599 free bed set w/ mattress (opens in new tab)
- Helix: 25% off sitewide + 2 free pillows via "WKND25" (opens in new tab)
- Nolah: up to $750 off + 2 free pillows w/ code "TGNOLAH" (opens in new tab)
- Saatva: 15% off off $1,000 or more (opens in new tab)
- Tempur-Pedic: up to $500 off select mattress sets (opens in new tab)
- Vaya: $300 off any mattress via "VAYA300" (opens in new tab)
- Zoma Mattress: $150 off any mattress via "WIN150" (opens in new tab)