If you’re looking to cut the cord but still want to watch all the shows and movies you love, Sling TV is a worthwhile option. And it's possible to try out service for a week at no cost.
The streaming service, which starts at $20 a month, gives you access to programming as far ranging as ESPN and CNN. It also offers access to local programming in certain markets, and you can even sign up for additional channels like HBO and Showtime.
While Sling TV doesn’t come with every channel you might desire — it has about 50 channels and some more options for an additional fee — you might like what you find. And luckily, Sling offers a free trial to help you find out.
Here's how to sign up for a 7-day Sling TV free trial. And in case you don’t like what you see, we'll also show you how to cancel your subscription.
1. Head over to Sling.com and look for the big blue box under the header image that says, "Watch Now 7 Days Free."
2. Once you click on that link, you'll be brought to the sign-up page where you'll be asked to enter your email address and password. Once complete, click the Next button.
3. In the Services tab, you'll see the option to choose Sling's Orange, Blue, or Orange-and-Blue combo pack. Here's a rundown of the differences between the packages. Note the price differences: Orange costs $20 a month, Blue costs $25, and the combo will run you $40. Choose your package.
4. After you choose your channels, you'll want to scroll down to where the "extras" are. Here, you can choose whether to get more channels for an additional fee, like Epix, CMT, and others. You can also choose to sign up for HBO and Showtime. When you're ready, click the Next button.
5. Now it's time to pay. Enter your credit card and move on. Remember: the service is free for seven days. After that, Sling will begin charging your credit card.
At long last, you've made it through the subscription process and you're ready to start watching content. If you're on a computer, Sling TV will be downloaded to your machine. If you prefer to watch it on the Apple TV or another device, just download the app and input your credentials.
Canceling Sling TV
Had enough of Sling TV? It's a bit of a pain to cancel, but here's how you do it.
1. Log in to Sling TV in your browser and click the little person icon at the top-right of the screen. That takes you to your account home page.
2. On the menu on the left side of the page, click Cancel Subscription.
3. Now begins the process of actually canceling. First up, you'll need to re-click that you want to cancel your subscription when the little pop-up is displayed, asking you to hang in there.
4. Sling will now ask you why you're canceling. Give an answer and click the Continue option.
5. Uh, this is getting a little annoying, Sling. The next page espouses the virtues of Sling TV. Once again, tell Sling you're not interested by choosing the Cancel My Subscription option.
6. Enough already! Sling now wants you to input your password and click on Cancel My Subscription.
Phew! The torture has ended and you're now out of Sling's web.