How to Livestream to Twitch with Xbox One
"Xbox, Broadcast." With those two simple words, you can instantly begin livestreaming any of your Xbox One gaming sessions, so long as you have the free Twitch app set up properly.
Microsoft's new console recently gained the ability to broadcast to Twitch, a content-streaming service that boasts over 45 million users who log on to watch their favorite live gaming content every month.
Whether you want to show off your "Titanfall" dominance or want the world to see your best "Forza Motorsport 5" lap, here's how to livestream Xbox One games to Twitch.
Downloading Twitch to your Xbox One
1. From the Xbox One home screen, select Store.
2. Select Apps.
3. Select Twitch and choose "Get it free."
MORE: Xbox One Review
Linking your Twitch account to Xbox One
1. Make sure you have an existing Twitch account and are logged into Twitch.tv on your PC or mobile device. If you don't, you can create one for free on the website.
2. Open the Twitch app on your Xbox One.
3. Select "Log In."
4. Visit Twitch.tv/activate on your PC or mobile device and enter the 6-digit code on your TV screen. Your Twitch account and Xbox Live gamertag will now be linked.
Broadcasting from Xbox One to Twitch
1. With the Twitch app open, select Broadcast. The Twitch broadcasting dashboard will automatically snap in from the right side of the screen.
2. Select "Enable Kinect" if you want viewers to see you, and "Enable Microphone" if you want them to hear you.
3. Give your broadcast a name in the "Broadcast Title" window and select the game you'd like to livestream.
4. Select "Start Broadcast." You are now live.
You don't need to open the Twitch app to start broadcasting, as saying "Xbox, Broadcast" to your Kinect during any play session will also open the streaming widget. Now that you know how to reach the Twitch community via your Xbox One, get out there and make a name for yourself!