20 Great Games for Android

20 Great Games for Android
Best Android Games of 2013

The quality and quantity of good mobile games is on the rise as players and game devs continue to push the boundaries of what's possible on a mobile device. Quirky indie games and innovative touchscreen mechanics coexist side by side with tried and true game formulas and even full on ports of classic PC and console games. Google Play is a crowded games marketplace though, so we'd like to help you make sense of things by recommending twenty of our favorite free and paid games for the Android platform.

See our full selection of Android Apps

keither5150 , January 24, 2013 10:49 PM
    Super stickman golf and Hill climb racing.
    Sprinkle is also a good one.
    alidan , January 25, 2013 1:35 AM
    no my little pony app?
    yea i know there are better ones, but i was still hoping to see it here.
    amk-aka-Phantom , January 25, 2013 5:48 PM
    I am disappointed by Android/iOS games. There're two types:

1) Thumb-controlled shooters. Shadowgun, MC3, whatever, same story. Feels super awkward and I keep cursing at the controls. People who manage to hook up game controllers pwn everyone else straight away.

2) Touch/shake based. Instead of coming up with an interesting idea and then finding out how to implement it on a device, they see what a device can do and develop idea around that. That approach sucks. Fruit Ninja, Angry Birds... all boring BS.

My Windows Mobile PDA had much better games. Awesome RPG (no, I am NOT talking about thumb-controlled slasher you find on Google Play if you search for "RPG"), RTS, TBS (Heroes of Might and Magic? Hell yeah!)... something that a mobile platform is much better suited for. Where are all these games?
    umerhafeez , June 20, 2013 4:18 AM
    and I must say it is an awesome list!

None the less, there are few games should be added in the list like Where’s my water? and World of Goo. Well can you give me any link over which you have complete <a href="http://techocafe.com/android-game-reviews-best-selling-games-on-google-play/">android game reviews</a>

One more thing, I recently explored GTA3 and Max Payne on android - but it is against some bucks. Can you tell me where I can get it for free?
    roger smith , July 10, 2013 11:20 PM
    Eufloria HD
    shaun_shaun , July 11, 2013 12:13 AM
    here is some of my favorite tested games... far better than some of the overrated games here..

Ski Safari - 5/5
    Rayman Jungle Run - 4.5/5
    Beach Buggy Blitz - 4/5
    Radient - 4/5

Divyanshu Sah , July 11, 2013 3:02 AM
    Games which i liked are :
    -angry birds ( Thats everybody favourite)
    -temple run
    - rail rush
    - car parking 3d
    -ninjump
    darkchazz , July 13, 2013 12:11 PM
    Wait so instead of the GTA3 and GTA Vice City ports, you put some ripoff by gameloft?! :/
    eileen86 , July 16, 2013 12:57 AM
    Thanks a lot! I'll try some of these games.
    And I enjoyed 3 games which are recommended by a blog about Best Free Android Games for Samsung Galaxy S4 from enolsoft.com.
    They are quite funny and exciting! And I wanna try more funny games. Thanks again!
    nolarrow , July 24, 2013 3:34 PM
    "I clicked a link before I click a link, then I click ten more" is how sublime feels about these ad fest click top 20s
    digiex , July 25, 2013 3:01 AM
    Why don't they remake Carmen San Diego for mobile...
    hoofhearted , July 25, 2013 5:13 AM
    I wish Beamdog would put out Baldur's Gate for Android.
    gm0n3y , July 25, 2013 11:09 AM
    Organ Trail, Devil's Attorney, and Knights of Pen and Paper look pretty good, but I'm just not willing to shell out a few bucks without at least playing a demo. The problem is that the vast majority of Android/iOS games are horrible. I've downloaded many games that look like they will be amazing and then deleted them after about 10 minutes of gameplay. Until the quality of games improves, I'm not going to throw money away on what are probably terrible games.
    susanjohn , November 17, 2013 6:28 AM
    I am simply not eager to pay several cash without at the very least taking part in some sort of demonstration. The catch is in which the majority Android/iOS game titles usually are unpleasant. We have delivered electronically a lot of game titles in which resemble they'll be wonderful after which taken out them immediately after regarding 10 moments of game play. Till the quality of game titles helps, I am certainly not about to throw money apart about what are in all probability bad game titles. <a href="http://www.hotappsntech.com/best-gaming-laptop-2013-maingear-pulse-17-thinnest-gaming-laptop/">top free android apps</a>